RAW Won't Let ANYONE Forget What Time It Is...

A Merry Monday to You, Enthusiasts!

How’s the new week?  So, over the weekend I checked out the WWE Live Smackville Event and it wasn’t bad.  I’d say that caliber should be what they shoot for when it comes to Go-Home Shows.  The person that shined the most was Shinsuke Nakamura in my opinion.  Looked like he was staying loose and having fun, sometimes at Mustafa Ali’s expense, as a good heel should do.  The hour segment closed with a Triple Threat for the WWE Title between Samoa Joe, Kofi Kingston, and Dolph Ziggler.  They did their jobs but it wasn’t anything we haven’t seen before and naturally, Kingston retained the title.   Word is that the people on the social medias have been starting to state their boredom with Kingston and the match was kinda phoned in so, my only thought here is that I hope that is on purpose.  Otherwise, we may see the title change hands at Summer Slam.  We’ll see what they do.

I took my time checking this event out and sat down and took a look Sunday evening.  Yet, an hour is a just a taste so, I web channel surfed and found some Ring of Honor offerings and have to say that I was impressed.  I’ve looked in on them before and didn't see anything too special but honestly, when I checked it out last night, it looked like someone reads my blog.  It was exactly what I was suggesting for the WWE, wrestling with a Game of Thrones back.  I know that stables originally had factions and rival groups.  This dynamic makes some one-on-one matches a little extra interesting because you got the “bad blood” to flavor it but ROH was using the production values they could afford and selling team philosophies so that whoever’s watching, even if you never seen it before, could get a sense of what’s going on.  I’m not sure you could really do that with a WWE show currently.  Someone would have to kinda fill you in or you’d have to do some research.  This was promising.  If you ask me, ROH is a step above AEW and that would make them the true rival/contender.  The only difference, ROH doesn’t appear to be looking for the distinction.  These cats appear to be doing it for the love of the game so, moving to the WWE may be beside the point for many of them.  If I’m the WWE, I’m looking at them for new talent and AEW can take the sloppy seconds.  Yet, they should be open to taking people back from AEW if they get noticeably better or are simply stellar in the ring.  It could certainly be seen as a sort of retooling center.  Needless to say, ROH definitely opened my eyes in regards to what’s possible and validated my suggestions so, I’ll just pat myself on the back.

Anyway, back to the WWE.  So, we still got a week until the Go Home Show so they need to simply taste this stew and maybe continue to season it here.  Keep it simmering but we’re not going to bring it back to a full boil just yet.  To assist with the flavor meld is Becky Lynch and Alexa Bliss ready to talk some of the usual trash.  Seth Rollins is going to see what Dolph Ziggler has to say after Ziggler’s loss last night.  And were going to witness something called a “Samoan Summit”… That could go a lot of places. I suppose the only real question is whether or not there will be food 😉.  Funny tweets get retweeted and as for Likes/Favorites well they know what they have to do, drum up interest but not too much.  They have to continue stringing us along but maintaining just enough tension so our curiosity drives us to stay until the end.  Let’s see what Mr. Heyman has got.  Let’s see if he remembers how to do that.


See You in a Bit,
-Nicole Alexis (^_~)




PS: Heard there were a couple of matches added.  Looks like there will be a Gauntlet Match to determine the #1 Contender for the US Title and a Tag Team Triple Threat featuring The Revival, Anderson & Gallows and The Usos.  So, we all know that Jimmy Uso ran into trouble over the weekend and the thing that came out most to me with this is... You got to remember, these cats are from Florida.  I think we're getting a taste of how they really roll, if you catch my drift.  Not that I condone this or anything it's just, this perhaps shouldn't be much of a surprise.  When in Rome...

Comments