WOW! These Are Some Extreme Rules...


Don’t know if I can abide 😉

Greetings Enthusiasts!

Extreme Rules is upon us and I’m not so much excited as curious because there has been decidedly better content to lead up to tonight’s event.  Am I dancing around, have the “ants in the pants”, no.  Can’t say that I do but I am intrigued and honestly so and that, I haven’t been for quite some time.

So, what do we have in store for us tonight, well we have to speculate over the AJ Styles and Rusev match.  It has been a minute since Rusev has held a title and has been anything but comedic foil.  A title could bring him back to focus and the Rusev Day movement doesn’t hurt.  I wouldn’t mind a title change here.  Might make things interesting for SummerSlam.   Alexa Bliss facing off against Nia Jax again just makes me think they need more big gals for Jax to play with.  I know it’s cool to root for the little gal or guy but this just stretches my disbelief.  I could throw Bliss out the ring.  Why would Jax have trouble?  They factor for that, I’ll keep bitching to a minimum.  As for Kevin Owens going up against Braun Strowman, I don’t see this being much of a match.  They’ll probably end up running all over the place and Strowman will dispatch of Owens in comic fashion.  If it entertains enough, they’ll be no complaint.  Then we have Asuka and Carmella going at it.  This could be a high point of the evening.  They’ve been playing along pretty well and though the rivalry seems more prominent with James Ellsworth, we could see Asuka take a title or Carmella DQ herself into keeping it.  That’s how I would figure it.  Carmella plays the angles.  Now, Dolph Ziggler vs. Seth Rollins could certainly be the match of the night.  I love that Ziggler had all this game in his back pocket.  Surprises like that always restore my faith in the Universe.  You just never know who’s packing what and by golly, the man can wrassle!  Not to down play Rollins but I think this could be a raucous match.  Hopefully, Finn Bálor’s and Baron Cobin’s match doesn’t directly follow. Not to say it will suck or anything it’s just, it’ll be what it is.  If they surprise, they surprise. 

The rest of the matches, though, have a huge chance of being hit or miss.  Jeff Hardy is nursing an injury so I hear and we all know that Shinsuke Nakamura may be in the same boat so, I’m not sure how much of a match we’re going to get out of these fellows but they should make it interesting regardless.  And of course, Roman Reigns against Bobby Lashley could certainly be lackluster but they have amped up the lead up pretty well.  Last week’s brawl was one of the better ones they’ve had in recent times so, they may just make it interesting but I think the crowd would welcome a Lashley victory over a Reigns one.  It’s just to mix it up, though.  We're tired of Reigns being the #1 contender for Lesnar.  Let’s mix it up and if Lesnar stays or comes back, then we can try that Reigns vs. Lesnar thing later.  Both should be in better places regardless.  It might just get interesting.  Sin Cara and “Cien” Almas having a go could be fun.  I did like the high-flying antics but again, Almas still hasn’t fully impressed.  His last showing was a bit flashier but I’m still more intrigued by the manager.  Just saying.  Then we got our tag-team matches.  Personally, I’m not sold on the Team Hell No reunion but it looks like it’ll be short-lived so, I wouldn’t be surprised if Dad (Kane) does an about-face yet, it could get insecure and Daniel Bryan makes the first move for a break-up.  We’ll see.  The B-Team is making its waves and I’m happy for them.  I was never sold on the Deleters of Worlds, still just holding out for Wyatt Family reunion.  Maybe a win for the B-Team would start that resurgence.  And as for the New Day vs. SAnitY…I get the feeling there will be some interference.  I’m anticipating a mess.  What say you, Enthusiasts?  Banter away!  Funny tweets get retweeted and as for Likes/Favorites…we should get something to work with.  Don’t try too hard.


See You in a Bit,
-Nicole Alexis (^_~)




Comments