RAW Eases Up on the Way to Money in the Bank....

How’s It Going, Enthusiasts?



Everything is alright for a Monday? I should hope so. There’s not much going on in my neck of the woods and the Wrestling World is kinda quiet too but there are few things to chat about. Let’s get into some of it.



The most interesting news appears to be a partnership between WWE and Twitch streaming services as they’re offering “side posts” to RAW while it airs live. Many feel this is an attempt to appeal to any and all media outlets as WWE continues to show that it’s always willing to adapt to the times. 



Call me old school, but what I do on Twitter is about as far as I’m willing to go when it comes to a watch party. The kids these days film everything 😉 And that’s fine if that’s what you want to do. I’m a literary type when it comes to communication. I appreciate the written word and its silent accessibility. Hence the blog and affinity for Twitter. I like to sit here and type, not much else. The kids can have their life online. I prefer my privacy and anonymity.



Regardless, WWE has been doing well rating-wise. The Bloodline Saga drew many viewers making it top show of the night on Friday. It’s also proving to be one of the best rated SmackDown episodes in the past couple of years. 



I am and I am not surprised. I have to say, the “shocking turn” the story took with a physically insubordinate Jimmy Uso dropped my jaw. I would think they wouldn’t want to play with that sort of implication but there they are, going there. Good for them. Drama is necessary in this industry if it’s to be kept interesting. It has to play off human sentimentality and they have been able to find the mark. 



With so many years of the mark being missed or forgotten about I suppose I’m just surprised they’re even thinking like this. I thought they were kinda incapable but with Triple H allowing for the product to breathe, we can see some fresh angles and it is very refreshing. I hope they continue to have fun all around. That’s the next hurdle, getting everybody else going on something. We’ll see how they manage. 



In any case, that basically brings us to tonight’s RAW. Name of the Game is now Money in the Bank so, we’ll get some qualifying matches to set some of that up. 2 of which are slated to be Becky Lynch getting back in the saddle courtesy of Sonya Deville and Natalya will workshop the likes of Zoey Stark. Cody Rhodes will be around for a spot on “Miz TV”. And the headliner for tonight is our new “fighting champion” Seth Rollins giving Damian Priest a shot at glory. I wouldn’t anticipate an upset but seeing how this goes, we could have one soon. 


Word is that Mr. Vince McMahon is in attendance tonight given they're in Connecticut. Not surprising people swung by from the office. Rarely hurts to get that kind of OT.



With that said, guess it doesn't hurt to check out the Twitch stream if that’s your thing. Report back how it goes. Otherwise, feel free to join me for the far more unofficial West Coast watch party. Since we’re all late and behind, most of the fanfare has past but if you have little choice like we do over here, you can make the most of it with us. Less pressure since it’s already said and done.




See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)










Comments