SmackDown Focuses Us on Money in the Bank...

 Happy Friday, Enthusiasts!



How are you doing? Good I hope. It’s a 3-day weekend for some in the United States. Thankfully, I get to be one of them. As for the Wrestling World, AEW appears to have the bulk of the attention right with Collision debuting tomorrow. I may check it out just to see how CM Punk is received but in the meantime, let’s see what else is going on.



Lets start in the Realm of AEW as Adam Cole has been getting some attention for his physique recently and not especially in a good way. It’s not quite shaming but Konnan feels he could get some more muscle definition. At least not get mistaken for some guy that bartends or something. Hulk Hogan has been making similar comments recently about the general look of modern wrestlers as they look like they should be “bagging his groceries” and he’s not exactly wrong. 



I had a problem with Cole for just this reason. I’m not fat or tall per se, but I’m big for a woman. Thicc, I guess is what they call it nowadays, buxom for the traditionalists. I could probably lose 20lbs. but I exercise regularly so, I have some decent muscle tone. That said, I always felt that I probably weigh more than Cole. Now, given my personal stats aren’t all that intimidating, I think that’s what Konnan and Hogan are getting at in a nutshell. Regular people shouldn’t think they can take on the talent. And to be honest, I was never afraid of Cole. I could probably wind him with a cheap shot, no problem.



Yet, I wouldn’t dare do such a thing against a Bryan Danielson/Daniel Bryan or Rey Mysterio. They are as athletic as their stature allows. Meaning, they are probably in better physical shape than me on any given day. That deserves a certain amount of respect no matter the size. So, I think that’s what the underlying point is. Does Cole have to be ‘roided out? No. But should he at least look like he works out like it’s his job a bit? Probably. We’re all just saying 😉



Elsewhere in AEW, CM Punk had an interview with ESPN recently and it dropped today. Naturally, it has garnered a lot of chatter but it doesn’t sound like anything that we don’t already know. Punk appears to explain himself but he ultimately remains Punk so…do with that what you will.



The hype for Collision has seemed relatively subdued in comparison to his re-debut. Tomorrow will be quite telling for this reason. If all this hub-bub has been made to accommodate Punk only for the fans to not care in the end, will be the lesson for Tony Khan. We will see.



In the WWE Universe, there’s some vague speculation that Drew McIntyre is due back on TV soon. There’s been a lot of talk of McIntyre and WWE having yet to find a solution to his contract negotiations. Yet, there’s also a report that he’s booked for the upcoming Special Olympics in Berlin. Being the WWE’s ambassador for the event, it’s only customary that he attends. We’ll have to stand-by and see if that translates to a surprise appearance at Money in the Bank.



So, that basically brings us to tonight’s SmackDown. The big draw for tonight is the return of Roman Reigns as there is still Bloodline Business to attend to. We’ll hear what Jey Uso has decided. There’s a #1 Contender(s) match for the Tag Team Titles. Zelina Vega will take on Iyo Sky. We’ll have a rare mixed tag with Mia Yim pairing with AJ Styles to face the likes of Karrion Kross. And Charlotte Flair will see if it’s a waste of time to appear on the “Grayson Waller Effect”. 



I was anticipating being on the move this weekend but it looks like that will happen next weekend. C’est la vie, uh. It always happens when you make other plans. So, I’ll be watching along with the West Coast viewers. Feel free to watch along if you have the ability and time. 



See You in a Bit

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)






Comments