SmackDown Not Enough for You, Try BattleGround!...

Greetings, Enthusiasts!

Today we gather to view SmackDown’s PPV BattleGround.  The biggest question, will Jinder Mahal retain the title or be stripped of it by Randy Orton in the Punjabi Prison Match?  Hopefully, they let him keep it at least until Summer Slam.  Yet, I think something should happen in the swings and roundabouts and if Mahal does lose the WWE Title, it shouldn’t be to Randy Orton.  I got nothing against Orton but he’s nothing new in this regard.  I just think just about anyone else would be more interesting.   It could go to Kevin Owens or Baron Corbin or AJ Styles, or even Rusev for that matter.  Yet, I wouldn’t be surprised if Rusev gets the US Title again for a bit just ‘cause the WWE likes to poke at the less enlightened viewers with those bits of irony.  Meh, it makes for good tension if it stays within bounds.

As for the rest of the fare, I would think matches of interest are probably Baron Corbin going up against Shinsuke Nakamura, could be a fun tussle.   The Usos vs. The New Day could be one of note, as well since they seem to play up their faux beef with aplomb as I had suspected.  There’s just no reason these two teams couldn’t have a prankish rivalry for years.  They should be really challenging each other with their gags and bits.  A lot of potential fun could be mined with this pairing if all parties put their heads to it.  I'm all for the hijinks ensuing.  It’s definitely the type of set-up where both sides should be trying to make the other break, in a good way of course 😉

Also, I’m interested to see how the Ladies’ Fatal-5-Way goes.  I’ve already voiced I’m up for Tamina or Natalya to get a push of some sort just as a response to their continued and dedicated service.  Here, I just don’t see why not.  They’re solid and I’m never disappointed which is more I can say for like a Carmella.  She at least wrestles better than the playfully infamous Cameron but, there’s plenty of time for her to be the shitty heel.   Let one of the veterans get their due.   That’s all I’m saying.  Anyway, funny tweets get retweeted and Likes/Favorites will come when they come.


See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)



Comments