You Know SmackDown Never Stopped Grinding...

Keeps the ship afloat even when no one’s watching!

Good Evening, Enthusiasts!

So, the big news that dropped today is Big Cass’ release.  Now, I’ve heard the rumors but them being rumors in an industry drenched in its own concept of Kayfabe, it’s hard to believe anything that you hear and when you do, there’s no guarantee it’s true.  That’s why I’m going to be honest and state that I have no idea what’s going on here.   The best I can gather, just as a spectator, is that Cass just wasn’t landing.  I saw what they were trying to do…he just wasn’t executing well.  He’s an athlete it would seem, not really a “performer” and we all know that in the WWE you need to perform above all else.   It’s too bad but if it wasn’t working out, it wasn’t working out.  Looks like there’s an opening for a 7-footer on the roster if you know of anyone.

As for tonight, SmackDown doesn’t have to do much clean-up but it appears that it wouldn’t be appreciated at present.  Ratings have been real low of late and it’s hard for me to say why.  Content has been decent but people appear to be over it.  Is it due to the pending move to FOX and Fridays?  I’m not entirely sold on the Friday night because most people at least like people to think they have lives.  I would think the baseline demographic would be out and about.  Does that mean they’re angling for the settled family set…they go out sometimes too.  I’m just saying, Thursday nights most people stay in unless they have Friday off or have a non M-F schedule.  If they’re going out, nothing’s going to stop ‘em.  For most, Friday is the night to party...Yet, I do know a fair share of people who are just too pooped on Friday night to do much but...it's that whole make people think you have a life thing.  Is watching wrestling something you really want to admit to on a Friday night?  Are we supposed to be setting up watch parties?  Not sure about that with the current content.  I'm not sure hoping for the closeted fan is realistic but I could be all wrong.  Times, they are a changing.

In any case, for tonight nothing too specific has been advertised.   Apparently there’s the NXT call-up of the trio Sanity.  We’ll see if they’re given a fair shot.  I also hear that The Bludgeon Brothers and Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson will have a Kick-off show rematch.  Not sure I’ll enjoy it but I’ll give them a fair viewing.  Also, a Gauntlet Match is probably gonna close to determine the #1 Contender for the WWE Title.  To go against Styles, I would say Daniel Bryan is the only real option.  After that, it’s anyone's guess.   What say you, Enthusiasts?  Funny tweets get retweeted and SmackDown rarely disappoints so, I’m sure we can get a Like/Favorite from somewhere.  I’m still watching.


See You in a Bit,
-Nicole Alexis (^_~)




Comments