SmackDown Is Just Going to Keep this Afloat...For Now...

A Happy Tuesday to You, Enthusiasts!

How’s it going for you?  Hopefully not too bad.  So, RAW had a few little surprises as it gave us a little taste of its NXT offerings.  I have to say the ones who impressed were this Ricochet I’ve been hearing so much about and Aleister Black.  I appreciated his taste for theatrics.  These guys appear to “get it” as far as how the WWE Universe operates.  As for the others in this Johnny Gargano and Tommaso Ciampa, I’m not sure.  No doubt they’re true technicians in their fields but that’s the thing about the majority of We the Audience, this skill may be lost on us to a certain degree.  We like action over technique so, these gentlemen may have to find a healthy mix of difficulty and flashiness to keep us less involved fans interested.  The thing about this genre is, though there is no lack of die-hard fans, many of us are quite casual.  Like me for instance, I always joke of how I don’t watch the “Minor Leagues” so, I don’t even watch NXT and probably never will.  It’s not that I have anything against it.  It’s just like I said.  I only watch the Major Leagues so, I won’t care until they make it to the main roster.  If others disagree, that is fine.  Not my point.  The point is a great deal of us only kinda care.  It is all fake, after all.  How much should we really invest?  I try not to become fanatical in my interests in general.  I watch what’s on TV and the PPVs.  For me that’s enough.  The fact that I have this blog is kinda of the limit really.  I enjoy it enough to start a dialogue but will I know everything about it?  No.  Probably never.

In any case, as for tonight, SmackDown fortunately does not have clean-up duties but it more has to set a good pace.  We’re being lead into FastLane and then WrestleMania so, it has to keep a nice solid tone going as the build is made.  RAW wasn’t so much hit or miss as it was somewhat experimental so, some parts flowed more than others.  SmackDown will have to implement as sense of dependable normalcy as opposed to make up for a bad RAW.  RAW wasn’t bad just awkward at times.  SmackDown will have to be a bit smoother so we keep our faith.  I’m all for experimentation but in the end, the WWE has to maintain that they’re the pinnacle of the business.  That’s more what SmackDown does.  Experimentation is necessary.  It prompts evolution but it’s solid execution that solidifies the fan base.  SmackDown should be proud that it has that duty.  There’s not much advertised for tonight.  We can expect to see who will challenge Daniel Bryan for his Eco-Friendly title belt. Also, Charlotte will keep this pot stirred in regards to that rebellious Becky Lynch.  Everything else is up for debate.  Funny tweets get retweeted and as for Likes/Favorites, let’s see if SmackDown continues to hold it down.  If so, genius should pour forth freely.


See You in a Bit,
-Nicole Alexis (^_~)



Comments