Will It Be an Elimination Chamber for the Ages?...

Hello Enthusiasts!


Happy Sunday! So, we’re all here for Elimination Chamber and I don’t blame anyone for simply being curious. How they’re going to make this all make some sense is a bit more compelling to contemplate than in recent years. Not that they have gotten themselves into a mess or backed themselves into a corner it’s just, there are a lot of looming questions and we should presume that’s on purpose. That being said, the point I’m really trying to make is that I hope that the “plan” is as crafty as they think it may be. For me, that’s the real curiosity. Will it all amount to a watchable show? They have been focusing on streamlining the presentation. I have noticed and appreciate the effort. It’s been a long time coming. Now, we watch and witness whether WWE can maintain its own continuity, something I was beginning to think would never happen. The unexpected repercussions of a pandemic show themselves in mysterious ways 😉

 

Anyway, a lot of tonight’s intrigue comes from some of it already being a foregone conclusion. We all know Roman Reigns has the game rigged so that he can easily retain. So, how are they gonna make that interesting? Will there be some strange DQ/No Contest finish? Will something happen that forces a rematch on the SmackDown Fallout show? Where’s the curveball going to come from? Is The Miz gonna cash in? Will Bray Wyatt’s new incarnation debut? Will Randy Orton sabotage the whole thing when he attempts to slay someone? To be honest, I wouldn’t mind any of these if they were well executed. Yet, given this preliminary WrestleMania space, I wouldn’t expect anything too outlandish. WWE having gotten away with so many years of slapping shit together, it is kinda nice to see that they too have to own up to the caveats of life and hold their own for a time. It’s only fair. It’s a lesson most people learn the hard way. I would say that WWE is currently trying to reestablish its integrity so, I wouldn’t be surprised if they more or less get back to basics for 2021. Tonight’s Elimination Chamber should give us some insight on how they intend to do that.

 

For instance, one of the main questions floating around at present is how are they gonna handle the Asuka vs. Lacey Evans match since Evans announced she’s pregnant. Now, I’ve stated in this blog that one has to take what’s announced on a WWE show with a grain of salt. Yes, Becky Lynch announced her pregnancy on RAW but they made that an actual segment. Evans acted as if she would wrestle only to sit out to proclaim she’s with child. It could be the truth, it could be a work.  I would say 80% of news like this is story and not news but we’ll see. Most fans know Evans is married in real life and last I checked so is Ric Flair to someone who is past her child bearing years if I remember correctly. So, I’m not buying it right when Flair makes it seem like he’s the proud Papa. Not even sure I want to know if the man is in working order. We’ll see how they broach the subject.

 

Another interesting thing about tonight is that given there are these looming question marks, it makes it hard for me to even attempt to guess at tonight’s action so, I’m not. What I’m gonna look for is whether I’m caught rolling my eyes. They have to make what they got in play work tonight. It could determine whether anyone cares to watch Fastlane. We’ll show up for WrestleMania ‘cause it’s WrestleMania but if this show turns out to be stupid, it’s gonna hurt WWE. People are really starting to question this allegiance. Ratings were good this week, though. I would think WWE would like to keep it that way. How tonight goes may be a good indication of whether the upward trend continues or plummets. That alone makes me wanna watch. Will they crash and burn or somehow land safely? Who knows but I’ll watch and see. Funny tweets get retweeted and as for Likes, this is a definite wait and see sort of day. Just keep it funny. Let’s respect that they’re trying but if you catch a blatant fumble, don’t feel bad about posting with a pertinent gif.


See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)





Comments