RAW Holds the Customary Elimination Chamber Fallout...

Hello Enthusiasts!

 

A good Monday to you! I hope it finds you well. So…that was Elimination Chamber. To be honest, I wasn’t that upset with it. I can see a lot of people were disappointed but it was better than I actually anticipated. The SmackDown Elimination Chamber was the match of the night without question. Everyone came out hungry! I liked it. They were raring to go. They probably knew they were the best thing going on last night.

 

Roman Reigns retaining to get served an Edge spear for being lame was strangely satisfying mainly because Reigns is being a good sport. He’s making it clear that his ego doesn’t have to be stroked so much that we miss out on a story to tell. Not to say he’s a saint but I get the feeling Brock Lesnar wouldn’t be so willing to help sell a story like this. Edge apparently wants to serve up some meat with his potatoes so he’s treating Reigns like the punk-ass heel his is presently. We now get to have fun seeing how Reigns will delude himself into issuing some sort of payback. I’m just glad Edge can take the hits. He got destroyed last Friday. I thought they’d have to scoop him off the mat but he’s still alive. This showdown may be fun after all. My money isn’t on Edge to win but I think these 2 will make a face-off interesting. Let’s see what actually comes to pass.

 

As for the rest of the show, the general sentiment is that most people could take or leave it. The Ladies did their job but not many were invested in the “story”. And a lot of people are complaining about how Asuka was disrespected. I thought this was a bit of missed opportunity but I get the feeling WWE doesn’t really care so much since there aren’t live fans. I respect that they opted to scrap a match as opposed to slap one together but at the same time, you’d think they’d have a back-up, just in case. People can get injured or sick. There should be a Plan B. I would have had Rhea Ripley on deck. The story is simple. Lacey Evans is pregnant, supposedly so Ripley, guess who gets the lucky shot. She could lose in a close match. The give-away would be her novice. She could have made a rookie mistake but still make it clear this is only the first of what would likely be many title matches. But nope. They said fuck it and just had the RAW Elimination Chamber Match.

 

Speaking of the RAW Elimination Chamber Match, it wasn’t as lit as the opener but it’s easy to see why. With all the hijinks and The Miz winning, I could understand the players being a little lackluster but that is bad professionalism from a wrestling perspective. Wrestlers need to sell the show not show they’re disappointed with the game plan. They should go at it like they don’t know the outcome. I think that’s what the SmackDown set did better. You really didn’t have any idea of how it was going to turn out. Yet, once Omos freed AJ Styles you could kinda tell that everyone was just looking to nail their spot. Yet, even with all the backlash from The Miz winning, I didn’t mind the move. Honestly, just think about it. Would anyone buy this if he did this at WrestleMania? The Miz is the prime example of how the WWE Universe is like high school. You look at him and go, what’s there to be afraid of? He’s not intimidating in the slightest but he can rock the mic. He’d be second string if this was varsity football. This is the main reason people are all up in arms he won. No one is expecting this rein to last long because most fans who weigh over 200lbs could potentially take out The Miz given the chance. Yet, if I were The Miz, I’d just heel it up and drag it out for as long as possible. I’d stick to promos and take my sweet time in defending, just collectively piss the WWE Universe off. He’ll have to expect to catch a few backstage beatings but it could prove entertaining. I’d drag it out until Summer Slam but I know people would riot at that so until WrestleMania if possible. But I get the feeling this will get righted during Fastlane. No one is jones-ing for a match that The Miz headlines.

 

That being said, for tonight’s RAW Fallout show, The Miz is set to open with his victory celebration. And I get the feeling that Riddle will have to prove how much he wants to keep that US Title. Bobby Lashley isn’t fucking around. As for anything else, we’ll have to wait and see. Funny tweets get retweeted and as for Likes, well, these are interesting times. The name of the game is the same. Let’s see if they can vouch for themselves going forward.

 

See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)





Comments