SmackDown Will Have Its Fallout. 'Tis Customary...

Happy Friday, Enthusiasts!

 

I hope you’re having a good one. Before we get into it with what’s going on in the wrestling world, I just wanted to take a moment to comment on Dad's (Kane’s) appearance during the Royal Rumble. It personified what I’ve been saying all along. I haven’t felt more vindicated about anything as long as I can remember. They use him all wrong. Let the man close out as the Director of Operations again and instead of jobbing for the kids, let him just kick their asses, you know for good reason 😉 He could reestablish a sort of Management presence that squashes whatever noise that the kids may work up. Now, we shouldn’t see him weekly. I like how Adam Pearce is handling the unofficial General Manager role but he’s the proverbial Good Cop here. When Dad gets involved, it’s all Bad Cop. It’s why I call him “Dad”.  It’s not to hear any grievance. It’s to stop someone from griping; shut some pissy kid up, you know whatever. You don’t want to see Dad. He stood head and shoulders over everyone in that ring. Let us just admit we don’t want none. He could chokeslam people who don’t know better onto collapsible desks backstage. He’ll show up as needed sort of thing. I would be all for it. Might as well.

 

All right, just had to say that. Seeing him out there kinda cracked me up. Just do that already. He may have 20 years on everyone but I don’t believe for a second he couldn’t kick everyone’s ass. It was just about comical. Do him right and have done. Okay, anyway, onto what’s going on in the WWE Universe. Well, there have been some dismissals. The most noteworthy yet, not unexpected is the release of Lars Sullivan. I thought he was a bad idea from day one. Mainly because as much as they labeled him as a “monster”, he’s really just stocky. That right there meant the beginning of the end for me. As I’ve been saying, the WWE Universe plays like high school. You gotta see what the big deal is right up front and he wasn’t all that intimidating. Or rather, he was intimidating for all the wrong reasons. The bad press definitely didn’t do him any favors and his release was merely the inevitable. I hope he doesn’t end up going down some downward spiral. Hopefully, he’ll turn himself around and find a way to better promote himself. It will be up to him to sell what he’s about.

 

In other news, Edge’s appearance on NXT didn’t help much. Apparently, there was a dip in ratings. I caught his showing. It wasn’t bad. Thought it’s kinda interesting that he kinda threw his hat in the ring for the NXT Championship Finn Balor holds. Mainly because, at face value it looks like a match he could win. Both Balor and his current nemesis, Pete Dunne aren’t the most imposing fellows. Edge is bigger than both of them. Could this be a way to buy himself a few more years? If I were him, I wouldn’t be looking forward to facing off against Drew McIntyre or Roman Reigns. Say all you want about their skills, I wouldn’t be surprised if either one broke him in half. Balor or Dunne are definitely safer bets. Let’s see what happens.

 

Rumor has it that Edge may make an appearance tonight on SmackDown. He may declare his WrestleMania intentions. To be honest, I’m not sure we should believe too much of what happens now. Yes, I wasn’t exactly right about the Royal Rumble but there’s a lot of time to fill between now and April and that leaves room for a lot to happen. It would behoove WWE to play with this space. I don’t have any ideas really, but that would be the savvy thing to do. They still need to get ahead of us. This is a good place to start. I’m thinking if they start now, they should be well placed for when crowds are allowed again. It’s a long shot but they should aim for it.

 

In any case, also for tonight, it appears we can get ready for a triple threat match between Big E., Apollo Crews, and Sami Zayn for the Intercontinental Title. Bianca BelAir may also decide whose title she’s going to try and take and could we get some insight on what Seth Rollins may be up to next? Given the timing, I wouldn’t be surprise if he and Roman Reigns get into it. WWE has been tying off loose ends story-wise. Could it be time for Reigns and Rollins to feud? There’s stuff to work with there. Rollins is also delusional and used to Reigns filling a certain roll. Will there be a clash of delusional egos ahead? I’m not fully against it. In the meantime, funny tweets will get retweeted and as for Likes, well, like I said, we’ve got some time. Elimination Chamber is set for Feb. 21st so, we’ll see how they start to set things up for that. Don’t feel you have to hold back but give them a fair chance to entertain. They are trying. I can see that. Just remember they don’t want to suck, they just may not exactly know how to not do that. They may be stumbling in the dark a bit but I’m sure they can find a light switch…eventually.

 

See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)





Comments