It's Hell in a Cell in June...

What’s Going On, Enthusiasts?

 

You ready for this early Hell in a Cell PPV? I’m not going to lie and say I’m hopping with anticipation but I’m going to watch it like always. No biggie.

  

Per usual, I’ll just talk a little about matches of interest and then we see what they actually do with it. The first match that comes to mind is Shayna Baszler vs. Alexa Bliss. Now, this could go horribly bad or surprisingly well. Don’t think I want this to fail. There’s just a way to do things. If someone is innovative and accounts for the crucial aspects, great! Anything is possible. It just wasn’t achieved with The Fiend angle. It’s a horror flick gimmick, not a wrestling gimmick. It’s too hard to make it work in real time. Can’t suspend the disbelief. Where Bliss is going right is that she’s more some crazy bitch playing with Witchcraft. There are too many paranormal shows on to not think there’s some truth to playing with “doors”. We can buy she’s fucking with something. Bray Wyatt, just went mad.

  

We can’t really support a descent into madness, not anymore. Then he needs help. We can’t champion someone with severe mental health issues wrestling for our pleasure. Being “crazy” has to be adjusted in the Modern Era. Nikki Cross is leading the charge in my opinion. It’ll become “energetic” or something.

But I digress, the point is Bliss made it somewhat believable so even scrutinizing binks like me will accept it. I don’t ask for much in this arena. I appreciate experimentation and all that but this was more a “someone should have known better” sort of thing. Like I keep saying, go write the script. They may be able to start a franchise somewhere.

 

As for Shayna Baszler, I would be careful of thinking it’s all right to do something stupid. Yeah, you can say that you’re just doing what you’re told but that goes on your record. It can affect future opportunities. If you’ll do crap, you’ll get crap. It’s all right to have standards. One should aspire towards a respectable body of work. So far, she’s playing along and respectably so. I’m not so offended that she’s running from a doll because of Annabelle and all that 😉 My point here is, it’s on Baszler to make a statement on who her character is right now. It’s a ballsy play but she’s gotta do it if she wants to be a resident bad ass. I’m willing to give her the title but she’ll have to prove it to a certain degree. If I’m her, I beat sense into Bliss. Make her listen to “reason”. We’ll see what she does.

 

The next match of interest is Kevin Owens vs. Sami Zayn. They are in an interesting position. They’ve been left to make their own story but it can’t just be about them. This has to be the last time for a while. Of course keep jabs in promos, run-ins backstage, that’s only natural but they can’t fight every week. That’s ridiculous if the name of the game is entertainment. It’s a good time to have a tournament. Wonder which one. In any case, Owens and Zayn have to find a way to keep it fresh. We’ve seen it many, many times.

  

So, that basically leaves Bobby Lashley vs. Drew McIntyre for the main event probably. This continues to be a toughie because the typical WWE way would be to have McIntyre win so that they could go again for 15 more times. Yet, there’s Summer Slam to look forward to and given the circumstances it will be a spectacle no matter what. Getting Brock Lesnar may just be worth it now. It’s already set up as a 1 off. So, that said, I wouldn’t be surprised if Lashley retains. I think more people want to see that than McIntyre face anybody. He can pick up where he left off in September.

  

So that’s my take. The more you do it, the easier it gets. We’ll see if people make use of the open space. It’s really for them to make magic. I am curious to see what they make out of nothing. While they do that, funny tweets and Likes get retweeted. I’m going to go in open. I don’t think I’ll hate it… That’s good enough for me.

 

 

See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)





Comments