RAW Stays Live for the Holidays. Guess SmackDown Earned a Break...

A Good Monday Good Monday to You, Enthusiasts.

 

I hope it is treating you well. So, everyone is winding down for the Holidays. I suppose I have to make a slight correction as I thought RAW and SmackDown were going to be taped from here on out, looks like it’s just SmackDown. I suppose I shouldn’t have jumped to such a conclusion. Federal Holidays don’t always stop WWE. Why would any other Monday?

 

Yet, what we have for the night doesn’t sound too different from what we’ve already seen for the bulk of this month so it is clear that WWE is doing just as I thought they would and are dragging their feet with this “revolution”. This is due to necessity not innovation. If they could keep on doing it the old way, they would. Yet the general consensus is that it’s just not cutting it. WWE doesn’t want to be the most boring promotion. They want to move tickets not see them sit there or worse yet, get returned. Unfortunately, they’re clearly at a bit of loss. This Revolution won’t look like much to begin with. The truth keeps revealing itself. They don’t have any better ideas. This isn’t too surprising though, that could be said of the Entertainment Industry in general. Got any shows you want to reboot 😉 Yet, that doesn’t help WWE. They have to get fresh and innovative and though I have some ideas, why would the likes of them think little ole me has anything to offer? At this point, they can’t be choosy. That’s why I do this documentation. If they want to disregard everyone, they have to shut everyone up. We can attest that they’re far from doing that regularly but we do know it is possible.

 

I’ve been noticing that commenters have been fairer on the social media and wrestling sites. We’re seeing the attempts but they appear to be flailing in the dark. Now, before you use this to hop over to AEW, I still don’t think they’re much better. It’s just their shit still and not some suits telling them what to do. I took a gander at a few matches this past Dynamite and with Bryan Danielson and Hangman Page taking up half the show, I’m surprised they got everything else in on time. That was a good match by the way. Would I call it the best ever? No. But they proved themselves out there. Won’t say anything against that but I’m not sure that had to be an hour is all. It’s like Captain Marvel. You really need more than 2 hours to capture that story? Yet, AEW is making its fans happy. Perhaps I’m just jaded by WWE ways but I couldn’t mark out like that if I tried. It’s gotta be truly awesome. That’s kinda why I prefer the WWE Universe. It does go for the common denominator. AEW goes for the common denominator amongst pro-wrestling fans. To each their own.

 

So, that brings us to tonight’s RAW. The task will be to make the matches they’ve been having for the month continue to be interesting. I’m interested to see how Finn Bálor will fair against Austin Theory. I hope they’re building something with him. Again, the fan response points to more cerebral with the approach. Though the content is PG the majority of the crowd is adult and so is the target audience. Might as well cater accordingly. Funny tweets and Likes get retweeted. Stay vocal, my friends. Let them know they haven’t found it yet but give them hope that they can.

 

 

See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)







Comments