SmackDown Closes HIAC Fallout...

 How’s It Going, Enthusiasts?


So, I’ve got other plans for this evening so I’ll be catching up with SmackDown tomorrow. You’ll have to have fun without me. The wrestling world doesn’t come to a halt when we partake in other aspects of life. Regardless, let’s just take a look at what’s going on.



Social Media is spreading a rumor that MVP and Chris Jericho got into it a bit in Houston. From the sound of it, Jericho is saying “no hard feelings”. He’s in no mood to catch a beating…unless he is.



I think it’s too soon to see any AEW/WWE crossover, regardless of their hiring histories yet, I don’t put them feeling the idea out passed either one of them. I won’t say this is that but it could be easily parlayed into such so, we’ll see if the story gains any traction. As much as Jericho says he’s over it regarding WWE, I don’t think he’s done with them, if you know what I mean.



Bray Wyatt/Windham has been floating through the grapevine as well as speculation of where if may appear next keeps getting tossed around. The rumors going around now are that Wyatt, more or less, brought about his own demise when it comes to his run with WWE. I don’t doubt this. I was quite vocal about my dislike of The Fiend concept and I’m sure he had some snarky comments to bandy when things didn’t go his way. 



Personally, I feel WWE is the only real place that Wyatt can work because they have the resources to make just about anything work. Yet, what’s coming to light is that an idea person would have to have a given idea fully fleshed out for WWE to execute. Not to say they wouldn’t instate some restrictions (budget, content, etc.), but they don’t have the big creative ideas. We’ve seen that they just know how to get the numbers in the black. Outside of that, it’s whatever keeps the profits coming in. If someone can put together a stellar powerpoint presentation and sell their point, they’ve got a shot. 



I keep shopping that Wyatt returns as a Preacher. How’s that different? He’s “redeemed” by Faith. Now,  the fun comes in the “Faith”. That should probably never be fully explained. Yet, it should be implied that Wyatt believes he’s “saved”. That way, whatever madness he conjures is “justified”. Of course he’s still out of his damn mind, he just doesn’t think he is.



The Fiend was too abstract. It’s just the creation of a deranged mind. That’s why I just couldn’t get into it. It’s too easy to dismiss. Alexa Bliss more or less proved that. But with Wyatt riding back in on a train of “Redemption”, he could appear to be “righting his wrongs” yet, the “rights” are still “wrongs”. But he doesn’t see that. It’s all Love and the door is open for the Face turn from time to time should they so please. It just keeps him out of trouble. You don’t take him too seriously and WWE doesn’t look like it’s trying to sell malice, just crazy fun. Who doesn’t want that? We’ll see if it ever comes to pass.



In any case, many people don’t know how to feel about tonight’s SmackDown. It should complete the Hell in a Cell Fallout. Gunther is set to face Ricochet for the Intercontinental Title. I don’t doubt the presumption that Gunther prevails in the match. What I would do, however, is have him shed the Gunther persona after doing so and reinstate Walter. This could shock Ludvig Kaiser and send him to the doorstep of the Judgment Day, newly helmed by Finn Bálor. The Gunther persona isn’t reading for me, so they might as well in my opinion. Kaiser is killing the Gestapo gimmick and he shouldn’t be punished for what isn’t working. Him going to Judgment Day allows for some drama as he jockeys for position with Rhea Ripley and Damian Priest. So fitting, them all being newbies from NXT. Bálor, given his storied history, can certainly use his seniority, on all levels, to his advantage. This is the sort of thing they need to have more fun with. The characters and talent are there, just no Vision. 



I don’t expect that all to transpire but they should consider it for some point in the future. Doubt it would hurt. Well, you guys have fun tonight. I’ll refrain from late commenting but as I said I will catch up later. 



Take Care Out There!

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)





Comments