SmackDown Is Gonna Stay Out of It and Stick to Money in the Bank...

 How Goes It, Enthusiasts?

 

Well, for the females in the United States, it’s a conflicted time. The legislature stemmed from the abortion case Roe v. Wade has been overturned and the legality of abortions now falls to the state in which one resides. So, me being in California, I don’t really have to worry about this but the consequence for our healthcare system is spillover from women seeking abortions from states where it is deemed illegal. Personally, I feel I’m a little too old to be too outraged by this. If I was in my 20s, I’d probably be drawing up a sign and looking for a protest but now that I’m in my 40s (yes, I am that old), my viewpoint is different.

 

There’s no way I was ready to be a mother in my 20s. If I had gotten pregnant, I most certainly would have terminated the pregnancy. And mind you, I wouldn’t be using that option as birth control. It would be in some “oops” scenario. The condom broke, or the dude slipped in with it off or didn’t pull out in time, something. And at that time, more often than not, I was on some form of birth control so, a pregnancy would have been an accident for sure. An abortion is an invasive procedure and shouldn’t just be done on a whim. Even if one just takes the abortion pill, it’s still traumatic on the body. It’s a last resort sort of option and I would have treated it as such.

 

Now, I’m old enough to handle it. Granted, though it’s becoming more common, a woman having a child at my age is considered “high risk” but emotionally, financially, I’m just in a better place to do the job of being a mother. As long as the baby is healthy and my health isn’t impacted, I would keep a pregnancy. What I worry about are those gray area cases. What about in the case of rape or incest? What if the mother’s health is in danger? What if the baby has a congenital defect that would impact its quality of life? I understand instating a standard of responsibility. We shouldn’t treat abortion flippantly but at the same time, I don’t think banning it should be done. People who are against Pro-Choice should be willing to care for the offspring. You don’t know what’s going on in a person’s life. Oftentimes, the woman in question is not in a stable place to have a child. It complicates a person’s life which in turn complicates the newborn’s life. With all the problems in the world, overpopulation being one of them, why willingly contribute to them? The Pro-Life argument doesn’t guarantee a good life for the newborn. True, there are Social Services and foster care but most will tell you that these are not ideal options. These services would need way more attention/funding so that the concept of keeping a baby is more hopeful all around. The Pro-Life argument is short-sighted at best and Pollyannaish at worst. That gets compounded when you bring in factors of class and race. Unless you’re willing to open and work at the facility that cares for all the unwanted babies, I would say let a woman choose what’s best for her life. You’re not raising the child. Remember that.

 

In any case, let’s get to wrestling. There are some grumblings going on but a lot appears to be in flux in general. AEW is experimenting with “The Forbidden Door” and that’s bringing in faces from New Japan so, it’s good for the pro-wrestling enthusiasts but I’m not sure how the casual fan is taking it. The Japanese style is quite different from the western style and I’m not sure if it will take in a general sense. Yet, there’s nothing wrong with experimentation. Let them see what they can do with it.

 

In the WWE Universe, we got some injury updates. Randy Orton had surgery on his back and will be out for some months. Sounds like we’ll see him at the Royal Rumble. Rhea Ripley may be feeling a little silly because it sounds like she knocked some of her own teeth loose and may have given herself a concussion. I don’t doubt this sort of thing happens from time to time but you want someone else to beat you up not have to watch yourself because you tend to beat yourself up. She must have gotten overzealous somewhere. Take out the other guys’/gals’ teeth. That’s what you’re there for.

 

All right, that more or less brings us to tonight’s SmackDown. Next week has the Go Home shows so tonight should have some setup but not too much. Looks like Gunther and Ricochet will collide again for the Intercontinental Championship. Everyone else will make a bid for Money in the Bank. Funny tweets and Likes get retweeted. It’s a tough sort of day for humor. Don’t try too hard but if something strikes you, give it a shot. At the same time, it’s a good time to make people laugh.

 

See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)




Comments