SmackDown Leaves Us with a Christmas Present....

Happy Holidays, Enthusiasts!


For those who celebrate in The West, Merry Christmas! I can cover the general bases for the time. Why not 😉 The Wrestling World appears to be on a slight hiatus for Christmas, especially with it falling on a weekend this year. I will be in town for tonight’s pre-recorded SmackDown so, I’ll get to watch along with all the other West Coast aficionados. Can’t say I’ll be along for the fun next Monday, though. Who wants a clip show of this? Isn’t that what YouTube is for?



In any case, the stuff that has been catching my eye for this part of the week is the talk of WWE potential returns. The most speculative of which being Rusev’s/Miro’s. According to Lana a.k.a. CJ Perry, it’s not so much a matter of “if” but “when” he returns to WWE. 



To be honest, this isn’t a surprise. Rusev was always WWE material and though he was somewhat bitter about how things went, let’s not forget that the biggest grievance between the 2 parties was Rusev breaking kayfabe on social media. We all know that’s a big no-no in this biz and Rusev shouldn’t have been surprised that no one tried to stop him from going. 



Now that he sees what the real lay of the land is, WWE though flawed, is the most secure promotion in town. He’ll be paid what he’s worth, get greater exposure and have formidable opponents. It’s the best place for the likes of him to improve as a performer. The pressure is real and that either makes you crack or transforms you into a diamond. I think Rusev can take it and it would be nice to have the Men’s Title chase get some believable competitors. 



I love the return of Cody Rhodes but he’s hard to take seriously at his size. I hear he’s trying to make it to 240lbs but we’ll see if he can move with it. Not everyone is meant to have the size so, we’ll see if the Gods allow it. 



Right now, if we’re going for believable challengers, it’s Rhodes, Seth Rollins, Drew McIntyre, Braun Strowman and Omos more or less in that order. They could call up Bron Breakker but I’m not sure how familiar the WWE Universe is with him. It’s a good time for Rusev to try to make the move if you ask me. Could be a surprise entrant at the Royal Rumble.



Rusev is not the only potential comeback. There’s rumblings that Chelsea Green is due back soon and Matt Cardona a.k.a. Zack Ryder may return as well. I don’t know much about Green so I can’t comment but Ryder I only witnessed during his jobber days so, I’m not sure what exactly he’d do. I can see him trying to not be one but that may take a while for us to accept. However, if they approach it from a comedic angle, he may just be able to win the crowd over. Become a new age, douchey Mick Foley so to speak. You wouldn’t think we’d come around but with just the right amount of tongue and cheek, it could happen. I’ll be watching.



And so, that brings us to tonight’s SmackDown. It’s already gone down so you can find the spoilers if you want. I’ll just be packing so I can watch along. We got some action tonight as it looks like Imperium, represented by Giovanni Vinci and Ludwig Kaiser will face the pairing of Ricochet and Braun Strowman. I like how WWE is gratuitous with its German stereotyping. Keeping it old school with the fascist alliance between Germany and Italy. Remember folks, it’s always 1945 in Germany according to the WWE Universe. WWII is still going. They didn’t lose nothing! 



Also, what I find strange is that The Usos are set to face Hit Row for the Undisputed Tag Team Titles. I can’t say I’ve been impressed with Hit Row. I said they come off as one note and they haven’t exactly proved me wrong. So, I guess will see if The Usos can kick ‘em into the next gear. If they can’t do it, I don’t know who can. We have some Lady action as well as they have a #1 Contenders match to see who gets to jab at Ronda Rousey. We’ve got Christmas Eve & Christmas this weekend so just enjoy the show. Feel free to let loose too. It’s already said and done.



See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)






Comments