SmackDown Plants a Post on the Way to the Royal Rumble...

 Happy Friday, Enthusiasts!



Did the week treat you well? I have to say, it had some ups and downs but in terms of ups and downs, they were relatively trivial so I won’t complain. 



As for the Wrestling World, there’s a lot of stuff circulating through the grapevine but I’ll just pick a few of the more prominent points to chat about. Shall we?



So, there are some peripheral rumblings going on that I’m going to start with. First, Ric Flair is out giving his 2¢ on Vince Russo and Seth Rollins on his podcast recently. Well, what he’s saying isn’t exactly new but it keeps the conversation going, so to speak. He doesn’t care much for what Russo has to say. Russo is clinging on to relevance any way he can in Flair’s opinion. As for Rollins, well, he can’t hate a man for siding with his wife but in Flair’s opinion, Rollins has to get over the whole “The Man” thing. I think Flair should too, to be honest. 



Most of us know who Ric Flair is for sure, but most of us are too young to remember his glory days. I certainly was too young when he was on top of the mountain so, given that, he should graciously abdicate the proverbial throne. The kids don’t have a point of reference. Though you can go and find the great matches somewhere, we all have to admit they don’t currently apply but have their place in the annals of history. Flair’s a 2-time Hall of Famer anyway. He’s got his street-cred. There’s nothing to contest.



Next item of interest is that there’s rumors going around, probably not for the first time but it’s the first I’ve heard of it, that the Rock uses steroids. Most don’t deny this and think it’s common knowledge. I would say he does “something” but I don’t know what that is. I say this because, I wouldn’t think The Rock would trade the pitfalls for the gains. I’m sure he can get his hands on some choice shit but still…steroids have some gnarly side effects and I can see him not wanting to be so sullied. Guys like that are concerned with image and I think we can all agree he wouldn’t want his tarnished. That’s how I look at it. 



Nevertheless, he’s in his 50s now. Keeping up the physique will only get harder. It’s not impossible and he has the means to defy Fate but I’m too old to be that naive. That’s why I’ll leave it at he probably does “something” but I don’t have the slightest idea of what that is. I’m sure it’s hard for us mere mortals to get our hands on, whatever it is.



The final point of interest is that both Drew McIntyre and Roman Reigns are supposedly out with “busted eardrums”. I get the feeling that’s code for “off for the Holidays” but that doesn’t mean they can’t set up some beef for their return. McIntyre still has to pay his dues so he’s still working some house shows but he’s getting there. I think he’s starting to get it. Like I said, this stuff requires a heavy dose of authenticity and if he’s not honest out there, we see it. McIntyre has been leaning more into his hard-ass nature, and it’s working. Let’s just face it. He works better when he spoils the party and tells everyone to go home. Some people are just born to do it 😉



So, that brings us more or less to tonight’s SmackDown. We are celebrating Kurt Angle tonight as it’s his birthday. To honor it we should see Shotzi Blackheart try to earn a little payback against Shayna Baszler. And The Usos will face Sheamus and Butch for the Tag Team Titles. I won’t be able to join you tonight as I have other business this evening and the next week but I’ll catch up on Saturday. Feel free to do the same. We’re in No Man’s Land until the New Year so I don’t think anyone will mind. 



See You Soon,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)






Comments