RAW Gonna Just Take It Easy for a Little Bit...

How’s It Going, Enthusiasts?



Hope the weekend treated you well. It’s a mixed bag in the Wrestling World at the start of the week but there’s enough to chat about so, let’s get into it shall we?



Let’s start with AEW news as word is a CM Punk return is imminent. The plan is for him to feud with Chris Jericho upon his return, which Jericho appears to be well ahead of given his “chatter” in regards to Punk on social media. Let’s see if they can have fun with making Punk the “Scourge of Wrestling”. The name of the game is to make being pissy funny. I think these 2 can do it. I’ll check in periodically to see if they manage it.



Back over in the WWE Universe, there’s some concern regarding Drew McIntyre. His social media accounts seem to have gone “dark” with minimal reference to WWE. There has been talk that his contract expires soon and that negotiations haven’t been going that well. Could this be the end of the road when it comes to McIntyre’s time with WWE?



Like I said recently, he could go to AEW but I don’t think he gets anything comparable to what WWE offers. I could be wrong but I don’t know what McIntyre does here. AEW only really gives him Jon Moxley to play with as they had great chemistry last I saw them box so many years ago. Not that they’re aren’t other guys of note and merit to box with but I don’t know…this sounds more like McIntyre’s ego may be in direct conflict with reality. 



As I touched on when I first spoke of this, I’m not sure what McIntyre’s options are other than returning to the real world. Impact is 2nd rate and MLW gets minimal coverage. Everything else basically puts him in the Indy scene and given he’s in a contract dispute with the most prominent promotion, I feel he may overestimate his real market value. 



McIntyre has to accept the very real fact that WWE can and will continue on without him. With the likes of Sheamus and Gunther getting more steady praise, they can stand to lose him if it comes to that. McIntyre may have to negotiate more in terms of time off instead of terms of dollar amount. I don’t think they should be stingy with him but he should be well aware of what’s fair market value for a guy in his position. It’s doubtful AEW beats whatever WWE offers so, what does he really want here? Guess we’ll see one way or another in time.



In other news, Cody Rhodes was reported to have been in some talks in Hollywood during WrestleMania week. It’s being said that he was being bandied about for maybe playing Johnny Cage in a new Mortal Kombat installment. Personally, I want to know how The Miz feels about this because I think most of us feel that if anyone were to play Johnny Cage, it would be the Miz. He’s at least done some B-Action movies. 



I’d put Rhodes in a movie with wrestling as a backdrop but I don’t know if the likes of a Johnny Cage is right for him. There may be some newer stuff he’d be suited for but I’m not too privy to what the kids are in to these days. 



In any case, back to the casting of Johnny Cage, I say whoever can pull off the “Nutcracker” in real time gets it. I doubt the 2 of them can do the splits 😉



Okay, so that basically brings us to tonight’s RAW. You’ll have to forgive me tonight. I have family business to attend to this week so I’ll be traveling this evening but I do have the DVR set so I am set to catch up later tonight but I don’t blame you if you have a life to tend to. It’s the beginning of the week. I have most of it off so, if you’re on holiday or otherwise have time to yourself, feel free to join me. 



This evening, the big draw is Brock Lesnar being in attendance to explain why he does what he does. Trish Stratus will do the same. Bobby Lashley will pull Austin Theory back into action for a go-round. And I hear that The Judgment Day will start to sniff around the Bloodline. Only natural, right? 



See You When I See You,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)







Comments