SmackDown Adds a Spoonful of Sugar Ahead of FastLane...

How’s It Going, Enthusiasts?



Enjoying life? Well, that’s the hope anyway. There’s some stuff to talk about but I’ll only touch on a few things. I like to keep things casual, you know?



The first bit of news is a bit of a shocker to me but I can understand the logic. Word is that Jade Cargill of AEW is aiming to make the leap to WWE. Personally, I would have never considered this. She has a great look but she seems like an AEW product. I mean, she is but that’s kinda what I’m getting at. She seems more suited for that format. I’m not sure how she’ll fit in with WWE. 



Regardless, many commenters feel her style may suit them more. She’s no wrestler so that leaves Sports Entertainment and there I see what people are getting at. She’s gotten better but needs a lot of work in my opinion so, we’ll see if this comes to pass. 



I kinda see this as a feint, to be honest. I know a lot of people feel that after Nick Khan gave the CM Punk coming to WWE question the best corporate, “Thanks, but no thanks” response, that any chance of it happening is wishful thinking but I feel the real point, if it is to happen, is to keep it secret. I would call this disinformation but only time will tell.



In the WWE Universe, this is sort of a bittersweet day as the UFC/WWE merger is final. But that means the layoffs are to follow. This week’s appears to flush out the administrative redundancies. Soon the roster will get trimmed down. So, if you haven’t seen them in a while and don’t miss them, don’t be surprised if they’re left to pursue other endeavors. I doubt we see any major surprises. It’s just always sad when this sort of thing comes around. I’ve been laid-off a couple of times, so I can sympathize. I tend to land on my feet, though. Let’s hope everyone else can do the same.



So, that more or less brings us to tonight’s SmackDown. I guess there’s some relief that if they’re working that night they don’t have anything to worry about for the time being, anyway. John Cena will make use of his downtime and grace us with his presence. He’ll test out Grayson Waller some more. Iyo Sky and Asuka will start building a right, proper feud and Finn Bálor and AJ Styles will keep each other fresh as they are set to throw hands. Outside of that, we have to watch the show. Looks like I have another week of staying on schedule but next week is looking busy. We’ll see where I end up. In the meantime….



See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)





Comments