SmackDown Turns onto the Final Leg Before FastLane...

How’s It Going, Enthusiasts?



Enjoying this Friday? It’s a little gloomy, weather-wise, in my neck of the woods but I otherwise can’t complain. So, there are at least 2 things that have gone down since the last post. Let’s talk a little bit about it, yes?



The first bit is that Jade Cargill has made the jump to WWE having signed a multi-year contract. Don’t know what to make of it just yet. I don’t have anything personally against it. My only concern is the interest of the WWE Universe. No doubt many have heard of her but I don’t know if anyone really knows her or cares. 



When I say that, I’m talking more about casual fans. If they’re only half-heartedly watching it’s hard to say what they know of AEW. I know plenty of fans are privy. I know of her and agree she has the right look but I don’t know about everything else. Only time will tell I suppose and in that case, I wish her well. I really can’t say how this will go but let’s just hope it doesn’t turn out to be a waste of time.



The other bit of news is that Edge’s contract with WWE appears to have expired. Word is that he’s been pulled from the internal rosters. No word if he’s on the Alumni List but technically he is available to do what he wants as of October 1st, 2023. Since that’s the date of AEW’s WrestleDream PPV, many are speculating a debut of Edge/Adam Copeland then. 



In this case, it’s all a matter of what Edge wants to do and what’s best for him. He is getting on in years at 51 and AEW, though it welcomes the veterans, seems to me more of a young man’s game. However, everyone can’t help but mention the reunion with Christian “Gramps” Cage and I can see how that could be fitting for “Uncle” Edge.



Also, it’s easy to see how Edge could help the up and coming kids over there and otherwise make himself useful. All that matters is if that’s something he wants to do. No doubt, he could do the same for WWE but it’s easy to get lost in the shuffle. There are plenty of resources, so I can see him being more appreciated in AEW. Guess we’ll just have to sit back and see what he wants to do.



And so, that brings us to tonight’s SmackDown. We can look forward to the sportsmanlike showdown of Santos Escobar and Rey Mysterio for the US Championship. John Cena needs a Tag Team partner if he’s gonna put his money where his mouth is against Jimmy Uso and Solo Sikoa. Charlotte Flair will stay sharp with the help of Bayley and Bobby Lashley will have a chat with Grayson Waller on the “show” with the same name. 



I will again be watching along with the rest of the West Coast as I will next week but I’ll be in a different location. Yet the unofficial watch party carries on. You’re always welcome. Same time, same place.



See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)





Comments