AEW Gets Some Attention While WWE Sets Up Bad Blood...

Happy Friday, Enthusiasts!

 

How’s everyone doing? Well, there’s a few things to chat about but, you know, nothing that shocking just news of the day. I’d say it’s a slow one, more or less, but that doesn’t mean I don’t have anything to talk about. Let’s start the discussion, shall we?

 

So, I’ll start by finalizing my thoughts on AEW’s All Out. Now, I think it’s promising that they’ve got me talking about it at least. Usually, I’m not so moved but I can see the potential. I don’t hate the brand, it’s just not my bag. And with so many former WWE stars over there, I have to check it out from time to time just to see how they’re doing. It’s good to see what’s going on. There’s more than 1 way to wash a shirt.

 

Anyway, what I’m getting at is that I took a longer look at the points of contention concerning the “violence” and I fully stand by my previous statements. Looking at the Strickland vs. Page match, it got stupid when Page pulled out the “spike” of burnt wood from the incinerated home. First of all, it was too dull to do any real damage and again, I get the “poignance” of rubbing salt in the wound but all you do is prompt an eye roll. They definitely should have just beat the shit out of each other and demolished everything and anything. The point would have been better made. We HATE each other…you know, for fun.

 

As for John Moxley suffocating Bryan Danielson, after looking at it in context, I think choking Danielson out would have served the purpose better. I liked the “Kiss of Death” beforehand but Mox should have just gone for straight intimidation. He’s in good shape at the moment and he should have gotten Danielson in a textbook chokehold and firmly held him until he started to fade. Danielson would have had to play it up of course, but Mox should have just held firm and stayed with him. Maybe even added a few sympathetic shushes, some sweet words to send Danielson into the proverbial good night and slowly followed him down to the mat until Danielson was out.

 

Or Mox could have switched out with PAC and had him mercilessly put Danielson to sleep while he held back Wheeler Yuta. Statement would have been made and no flak for trying to “kill Daniel Bryan”. Kudos to Yuta for selling the betrayal, though. He was great. Felt he cried himself to sleep that night. That got some chuckles out of me. No notes for him. Keep up the good work.

 

I also watched the full match of PAC vs. Will Osprey as I said I would and that was awesome. I don’t know why they had PAC lose. He looked like the better man from start to finish to me. I’ll give that Osprey is beat up but isn’t everyone? PAC is just next level. And the match made me want to see him match up against Ricochet more than Osprey doing it. I think Osprey needs to be choreographed. My taste prefers when the players can “dance”. I think PAC vs. Ricochet will be the real match to watch. I also think both of them need to be back in WWE but that’s for another post.

 

I’ll close this particular matter by circling back to Mox. I saw his rebuttal on Dynamite courtesy of social media and I have to say, I like the pivot. Kinda went Magneto meets Charles Barkley’s old “I’m Not a Role Model” campaign. Didn’t expect it of him so, it’s nice to see that he is thinking. Other commenters picked up on the Mussolini reference as well. All I’ll say is that in choosing “war” Mox has to beware of painting himself into a corner. Is it really all that “serious”?

 

The sympathy for Magneto comes from his history of being a Holocaust survivor. His hurt is understandable and, in a way, inconsolable. Does that level of vengeance apply against Bryan Danielson/Daniel Bryan? The tone must be minded on this tangent. I’m all for melodrama but again, you don’t want to stumble into the unbelievable and/or the ridiculous. I would suggest that Mox look to Christian Cage. He’s approaching his gimmick from the right angle. It’s over-the-top yet grounded. He’s playing the straight-man in his madness and it works. Mox can certainly choose “war” but he should watch where the line is.

 

As for Danielson, first of all, let me just say I don’t know why they carried him out after he “passed out”. Are there no stretchers? He looked like a drunk getting tossed out. But I digress. Danielson shouldn’t necessarily be Professor X here. I’m thinking he should proceed fully aware of who he’s dealing with. Maybe Mox should get “run down” in the parking lot. People are fucking with Danielson right now and I think he has every right to make a statement of his own. We generally don’t use our words in the Wrestling World so, Danielson should make it clear that people shouldn’t be fucking with him, especially not without good reason. We’ll see what he comes up with. All I’m saying is Danielson should “make a statement” first then have the “deliberations for peace”.

 

All right, that's enough of that so we’ll just head over to the WWE Universe. The big news over there is that SmackDown is back on USA tonight. Roman Reigns wasn’t overtly advertised but the social media feed confirms his appearance. I’m curious as to how this dispute with the Bloodline progresses. We all know it’s “Civil War” but how? Reigns needs allies. We’re getting some insights as Cody Rhodes seems to factor. Kevin Owens seems to need a partner to face Austin Theory and Grayson Waller. Could Reigns make a surprise entry there? He does need allies and Owens, though a strange bedfellow, can be effective. Carmelo Hayes and Andrade are set for Round 47 of their newly founded rivalry. And Cody Rhodes is set to battle Solo Sikoa in a steel cage but with arrival of Roman Reigns, you now know how that goes.

 

Unofficial Watch Party starts at 8pm PDT. It’s looking like it’s gonna be an understated yet fun show. Fine by me.

 

See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)

 





Comments