RAW Takes the Attention Back to Build Bad Blood...

How’s It Going, Enthusiasts?

 

Enjoying your Monday evening? It’s a slow news day in the Wrestling World so, unlike recent posts, this one should be brief. Just don’t have much to talk about. Shall we get into it? Let’s just jump in.

 

Given WWE is now working with rap artist Megan Thee Stallion, there’s speculation that Mercedes MonΓ© aka Sasha Banks may have to wait to collaborate with her. Word has it that she had designs to work with Stallion at some point in a wrestling capacity but that tends to get difficult when WWE calls dibs.

 

Well, we don’t know the particulars of this partnership. Not sure it constitutes a contractual obligation or at least not a long-standing one. I would think if WWE intends to use mainstream artists going forward, it’s probably less expensive to let them come and go as they please. I wouldn’t say never if I were MonΓ©. Stallion is a big girl. I think she’d translate well to in-ring action. If she’s in good shape, I’d look into seeing if Alicia Fox could help with getting her up to speed. We’ll see what the future holds.

 

Speaking of what the future holds, in the WWE Universe, we may see Wade Barrett back in action some time soon. I heard Barrett isn’t really in the mood to get back up to fulltime status but I’ve liked how he’s stepped in against Drew McIntyre to “wake him up” from his rage-fueled rampages. I think if people are on the payroll and still in good enough shape to play, I think they should have the option, if they so please. I don’t need to see Barrett in matches per se but when things “get crazy” I don’t mind him getting sucked into “old habits”, so to speak. I think guys like him can earn some “street-cred” if they get some hits in unofficially. They can back up their guys in a brawl/scuffle or pull guys off if they’re just too close to the action. It’s a fun way to stay in the picture but not have to get too involved. I’m all for it. I hope they find ways to work him in and anyone else who’s up for it.

 

And that pretty much brings us to tonight’s RAW. Bad Blood doesn’t go down until Oct. 5th so, we’re kinda coasting until then, seeing how WWE builds this PPV up. This evening, we can expect Natalya to give Zoey Stark a progress check. Sheamus will see what Pete Dunne is still mad about. Judging by the spoilers circulating, looks like Braun Strowman and Bronson Reed steal this show. Damien Priest still has beef cooking with Dominik Mysterio. The New Day may follow the Laws of the WWE Universe and disband. And at some point, CM Punk will stop by to prove he’s not dead.

 

Unofficial Watch Party is set for 8pm PDT. Feel free to join in if you got nothing else on your schedule.

 

See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)





 

Comments