Feast Upon the First RAW of 2019!!

A Good Monday to You, Enthusiasts!

How’s 2019 treating you so far?  I can’t really complain myself and it appears that RAW is trying not to disappoint as the docket seems packed tonight. Of the previews there are about 3 points that I feel are worth commenting on.  The first of which being the return of Hulk Hogan.  Now, for some this may be a little touchy given the audio of his past thoughts on interracial mingling.  Personally, I chock this sort if thing up to being a sign of the times but what I’ll really say is that I’m not all that upset at this man.  Is it disappointing that he held and perhaps still holds these viewpoints?  Yes, but let’s just let this one go.  Hopefully, Hogan has learned his lesson and has a more open state of mind.  After all, that tends to be more lucrative.  The reason he's present is because he’s here to honor the recently passed Gene Okerlund.  I’m sorry for this gentleman’s loss but he was definitely before my time.  Have no recollection of him at all.  I’m sure they’ll simply focus on honoring his memory.
  
Secondly, we have John Cena doing dual Brand duty and again, I have to say they have to see if Cena is willing to make fun of himself some.  After seeing him on SmackDown, they’re kind of half doing that and I understand…this may be a little tough for him but if he wants the street cred back he should admit, to some comical degree, that’s he’s a little nuts.  Do it playfully enough and We won’t care.   Well see if they can get him to loosen up.
  
And lastly, though that’s far from all the action, it sounds like Brock Lesnar and Braun Strowman might just be in attendance.  So, we know that Strowman is still recovering so, this will be mostly talk and maybe a stare-down so, this is really going to have to sell.  And I’m not expecting to be sold.  Not that I mind Strowman in a Heavyweight match capacity, that’s what you do with him, but I’m still not completely sold on this showdown.  I don’t know.  I like Strowman.  He seems like a nice guy but I’m not sure he’s a wrestler as opposed to a big guy who’s found a niche.  I still see him as the successor to Big Show.  It’s up to him to prove to us different.  We’ll see how he does.  In the meantime, funny tweets get retweeted and as for Likes/Favorites we’ll see who gets the most inspired.


See You in a Bit,
-Nicole Alexis (^_~)




Comments