Before They Head Over, SmackDown Just Has to Take Care of a Few Things...

A Good Tuesday to You, Enthusiasts!

Everything going okay?  Can’t say I can really complain.  Well, here we are at the FastLane Fallout for SmackDown and for once, they have to clean up their own mess.  Last week’s show was surprisingly sub-par for their standards.  Primarily, I felt the set-up for the match with Charlotte and Becky Lynch to close the evening fell quite flat.  A battered and bruised Lynch hobbles out and on sheer will and determination sends Charlotte scuttling backstage.  Personally, I thought the bit brought down the intensity of the feud.  I went from sinking my teeth into it, to dropping it. Mainly because the feud went from believable to ridiculous.  It’s like thinking you’re going for pizza and not until you take a bite of your so-called “pepperoni pizza” do you realize that it’s a vegan joint and not the kind that fools you.  I understand that Lynch is hot right now but against a strong character like Charlotte, this sort of unstoppability I just don’t buy.  Maybe if Charlotte had a cold or something but with her healthy and Lynch wounded, I’m not seeing it play out like that.  I couldn’t suspend the disbelief.  They made up for this a little at FastLane but I think SmackDown is going to have to get their street-cred back because I was disappointed.  Didn’t like Samoa Joe in the Fatal-4-Way either.  Even though he won in the end, his big ass slowed all the action down.  It was like they were trying to suck.  RAW was actually good last night so, no clean up necessary.  They just have to tidy up their scene.

They’ll attempt to do this by continuing the Kofi Kingston saga, I don’t know how.  R-Truth will try to win back the US Title.  I don’t care if he does but I’m glad he’s getting his due.  He has been slanging forever and is twice the age of some of these whippersnappers and can still pass for 35.  He doesn’t have to wear the “geriatric gear” he still looks like he can play.  That’s the only exception.  If you’re 55 but still look like you’re in your 30s, can’t really be mad.  Gotta commend, really.  Let him vie for the US Title or any title ‘til he hangs it up.  Also, Shane McMahon will explain why he felt the need to turn on The Miz.  Personally, I like the idea of a “heel turn” but, in all honesty, is it one?  Can a member of “The Authority” be a face?  Regardless, I think Shane could have a lot of fun being bad.  I think he could play it up, get himself a heel posse and basically run the place like a Boss. Not to trample on Sasha Banks’ theme but he could definitely be entertaining brazenly rigging the game the McMahon way.  I hope he has fun with it.  In the meantime, funny tweets get retweeted and as for Likes/Favorites let’s be a bit stingy with it.  They have to get back up to speed.


See You in a Bit,
-Nicole Alexis (^_~)






Comments