RAW Is Right on Schedule...

Greetings Enthusiasts!

How does this Monday go for you?  I have the luxury of a little time off and so far, it’s been all I could have hoped.  As for tonight’s action, there’s speculation Brock Lesnar may make an appearance but as for what’s actually advertised, it’s looking like we’ll get another showdown between Triple H and Dave Batista and Bobby Lashley and Finn Bálor will face off again for the Intercontinental Title.  Speaking of Bálor, word is that the Dæmon is set for an appearance at WrestleMania and I’m all for this is if it’s properly set-up.  The thing about this angle is that it definitely requests us to suspend some disbelief so that means the WWE has to sell the transformation.  So, something has to happen to prompt this demon to come out.  Lashley has to try to take him out of contention or something so that he has no choice but to use his “ace up his sleeve”.   If the manifestation is arbitrary then so will be We the Audience’s general response.   There has to be a reason we get this incarnation and it being WrestleMania isn’t enough.   He must be pushed so we buy this transformation.  If they can do that, I won’t complain.

As for the rest of the content, well, we all know what they have to do.  They have to get us all jazzed for WrestleMania and so far, the Ladies have the most compelling arc.   They’re starting to build a feud between Roman Reigns and Drew McIntyre but it will be up to those gentlemen to make it interesting.  Personally, I feel that McIntyre’s presentation is more suited for SmackDown, if you get my drift.   It’s a bit distracting.   I feel they may want to rethink it perhaps covering him up more.   I’m pushing for a more polished look as times change.  Not to say there’s anything wrong with homoeroticism but we can all basically agree that’s not what’s overtly being sold.  That aspect is always subtle and should remain so in order to attract the widest range of potential fans.   You don’t want to exclude in a genre like this but at the same time, let’s not lie and say that scantily clad, muscular men writhing around doesn’t lend to the imagination from time to time.  Discretion can always be of use.  I think McIntyre should experiment with an athletic slack similar to what dancers may wear.   That may give him a more approachable look, just in my humble opinion.  Still pushing that for the veterans as well.  Sometimes, more is fitting.  In any case, we’ll see what they get together for us.  I’m expecting more engaging action starting next week so, I suppose they’ll start to rev things up tonight.  We’ll see if they raise our interest.  Funny tweets get retweeted and as for Likes/Favorites, we’ll settle in and see if we’re spurred towards Inspiration.
   

See You in a Bit,
-Nicole Alexis (^_~)





PS: I’m watching live tonight and tomorrow but don’t get used to it.  Next week, it’s anyone’s guess.  I’ll try to get with the West Coast feed if I can but if not, I’ll be picking up on Wednesday.  All those who missed the show-times are free to catch-up with me.  I’ll keep you posted.

Comments