SmackDown Starts Testing Out Language Apps for Bash in Berlin...

Happy Friday, Enthusiasts!



How’s everyone doing? I have to keep complaints to a minimum because I must admit things could be quite a bit worse. However, the Wrestling World appears to have some movement going on at the end of this week. Shall we discuss? Allow me to begin.



First thing that comes to mind is that word is Ricochet has signed with AEW. The terms are murky, but it sounds like he’s set to be there for the foreseeable future. Will Osprey has already called dibs for feuding so, I may have to check out their matches when they go down. I hope the move leads Ricochet to everything he deserves. He’s a delight to watch.



Elsewhere in the Realm of AEW, there’s question of what’s going on with Jon Moxley/Dean Ambrose. Is he hurt? On vacay? They just don’t have anything for him? I can’t say but I can say I haven’t heard much about him of late. 



Well, I’ve always made it clear that I’d love to have him back in WWE, especially now that Management and Creative are coming around to the idea of producing a palatable product and not just shoving crap on TV. There’s a space now to right the old wrong. Also, with the Bloodline on the brink of “Civil War”, Roman Reigns could use an ally he knows he can trust. 



Personally, I always thought the way for a Dean Ambrose return would be paved with hijinks from Seth Rollins but perhaps the Bloodline break could set the scene for a Shield reunion. However they do it, I always thought it would be cool to have Moxley/Ambrose do so in a way that’s so him. I’m pretty sure I’ve mentioned it in the blog before, but I’d try to set it up as a same day crossover. 



They’d have to come up with the drama fitting enough to prompt a sudden defection, but Moxley would start at an AEW show and end at the WWE one, preferably on the same night. It would have to happen on a day when both promotions just so happen to be holding shows on the same day and not too far away from each other so it’s possible for the Lunatic Fringe to lose his damn mind and break all the rules. If they can pull something like that off and make it as fun as it sounds on paper, I’m completely down. Bring him back to where he belongs. 



Speaking of Roman Reigns, back in the WWE Universe, though plans for him to front the September 13th USA Network SmackDown re-debut got scrapped, it looks like Reigns will still be put to work as he and Paul Heyman will be talking about the business side of sports entertainment as they participate in the Bloomberg Power Players event. Might as well get some eyes on the product. Get some insight into how these guys work. 



Someone else dabbling in other things outside the ring, CM Punk is stretching his acting chops as he’s set for a cameo in the indy dark comedy, Let’s Start a Cult. A strangely fitting concept, if you ask me. Sounds like we have to check it out to get an idea of what to expect. It’ll be out in theaters on October 25th. We’ll see if anyone posts a clip between now and then.



After watching a movie called He Never Died on Netflix, I realized that I would totally watch a movie with CM Punk as a main character if his dad turned out to be Henry Rollins. Much of the younger lot may not be familiar but Rollins has a sizable Gen X following. He has a punk background and is known for his intense presence and punk rock sensibility. You’ll have to look him up for yourself if you want to get an idea of what I'm talking about. He used to front a punk band called Black Flag back in the day. I’ve always liked him and after seeing him in He Never Died, all I could think of is how he’d be a great cameo as CM Punk’s father. You’d see him and go, “Oh…now it all makes sense…” 😉 I don’t know what the premise is. Maybe Punk is a felon trying to go clean and of course gets sucked back into the life but for all the right/wrong reasons. When shit hits the fan and he has to make “the call”, of course it’s Henry Rollins’ tough old ass to help put the hurt on. I’m pretty sure it could work, just need a solid script. 



On that note, we come to tonight’s SmackDown. It’s kind of understated advertisement wise but Go-Home Week for Bash in Berlin is next week so we should get some setup. We can expect to see Cody Rhodes have a chat with Grayson Waller. Santos Escobar will see if he can stay fresh with the help of LA Knight. The Unholy Union (Isla Dawn & Alba Fyre) will take in Blair Davenport to face Bianca Belair, Jade Cargill and Naomi. And the Street Profits will see if they can ruin the Bloodline’s day by trying to take the Tag Team Titles off of Tama Tonga & Jacob Fatu. 



The unofficial watch party will be at 8pm PDT per usual. If you got no plans for this evening, you’re welcome to stop by. I tend to enjoy myself. Don’t see why others can’t do the same. 



See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)




Comments