Someone Has Got to Put This Money In the Bank!...


Greetings Enthusiasts!

A good Sunday to you!  So, we all know why we’re gathered round today, to see if the WWE can get itself together enough to pull off an upset over Game of Thrones.  For those on the West Coast, we shan’t be so torn but the East Coasters may have a decision to make come 6pm. I don’t see the WWE making an overt push to counter as so much, see if G.O.T. does in fact drop the ball and have comparable fair in progress while that is publicly  decided.  I think the WWE has a shot to acquire some interest here if they’re smart in their execution.  Yet, we all know that the WWE has often shot themselves in the foot.  We’ll see if they manage to aim in a different direction.

In any case, I won’t run down all the matches just the MITBs and the Title Matches.  When it comes to the titles, I think one will be scrutinizing are the ones with Becky Lynch.  Now, I have nothing against her run but I’m not completely sold on Lynch being this unstoppable force.  I’m not that impressed with what she does in the ring but I don’t mind the drama so, I think it’s on her to keep her story interesting.  Since she has double duty, I think it’s asking a little much for us to believe she’d win both her matches so I’m calling that she beats Lacey Evans but Charlotte overcomes in their match unless they throw in some interference to keep things vague and up in the air.  I just feel that’s a good way to keep people from rolling their eyes. 

As for the men, I get the feeling they’ll keep the title on Seth Rollins since rumor has it that he and Brock Lesnar could be throwing down for the Saudi Arabia show.  I don’t know if that would be a title match but if it is, I wouldn’t be surprised if they put it back on Lesnar.  Yet, that may hinge more on who wins the MITB match.  AJ Styles and Seth Rollins makes for a fair match but if we got actual heavyweights walking around without a title, that just sets up the inevitable move to get one.  I don’t see Rollins holding out unless his fighting style gets more MMA infused.  The big guys could just kick his ass.  If they’re going to believably keep it on Rollins, then Rollins has to look like he can believably keep it…not seeing that but I’m not saying that’s impossible.

As for Kofi Kingston and Kevin Owens…I’m thinking they may just keep it on Kingston due to his seniority.  He should hold it for a little bit but I don’t mind pressure being kept on him.  Kingston being one of the leaner ones on the roster, I don’t blame people thinking they can take him but he just may be wily enough to sneak out some wins.  Yet, I do feel he should be defeated in good time, and pressure could be what contributes to his loss, just worn down from trying to stay on top. 

I believe the SmackDown Tag Team titles are up for grabs this time around and it’s hard to say here because the feeling is generally, that they’ll change hands between The Usos and whomever Daniel Bryan decides to pair with, in this case Rowan until Bryan's character changes by either angling for the WWE Title again or Face-turns.  Given that, it doesn’t really matter.  They simply have to make it a good match which we know they can.  I’ll only complain if it isn’t.  Don’t care much who takes the match.

As for the Men's MITB match I'm thinking here's where it gets interesting.  I'm think it might boil down to Drew McIntyre or Baron Corbin, mainly because they are the most interesting options with a long shot to Sami Zayn.  I like how Zayn has reimagined himself but he still has to prove he's a force to be reckoned with.  McIntrye and Corbin are simply believably making their statements which is what makes me think it's anyone's guess between these 2.  McIntyre may just get it because Corbin already had it but since that was such a joke, he may just get another shot just because he's so much more improved.  Tough to call.

So, that leaves the Ladies MITB Match and here, it’s a bit tricky.  Any of these ladies could make a go of it, who would be the most compelling is the real question?  I feel that Natalya has a good shot just due to seniority.  She does deserve something for all her years of service and this may be the easiest way to give it to her.  If they go for entertainment appeal, I’m thinking it will be a toss-up between Nikki Cross and Dana Brooke.  I like Cross because of the crazy even though I did notice them experiment with her character.  Showing that she could go to the bank and conduct a transaction if need be but in the ring, decorum goes out the window.  Fair enough.  Yet, Brooke has been getting a lot of fan attention and I have to say I like her spunky attitude.  So, this is another one where I won’t be upset if they put on a good show.  It all depends on what the WWE is going for.

As for the rest of the action, it’s going to be up to everyone else to sell their shit.  I would offer this advice if I had the ear of the locker room.  This is a real open-ended time.  With the end of Game of Thrones, everyone has a shot at earning the WWE some well needed street-cred.   I don’t expect them to pull a lot from that set but those who were in it for the violence and intrigue could find some interest in the WWE’s version.  Go out and put on a great show, you may just get some new fans.  Treat it as an audition.  If you want to earn these people’s interest, go out and show you’re worth watching.  This may apply more for RAW and SmackDown since I don’t expect G.O.T. fans to go and sign up for the WWE Network but for those who peace out for the episode at 6pm, they should have something waiting for them if they choose to tune back in at 7:30pm.  The WWE has to prove it’s worth a damn again and with a bona-fide show coming up short in the end, here’s an opening.  They might as well take it.  Funny tweets get retweeted and as or Likes/Favorites, they’ll be retweeted and Liked if they prove worthy.  Everybody’s got to up their game!


See You in a Bit,
-Nicole Alexis (^_~)




Comments