Oh Yeah...Elimination Chamber. I'll Take a Look at That...

How’s Everyone this Friday?

Good I hope.  So...we have the SmackDown Go Home Show for the Elimination Chamber and I have to admit, I’m not sure what to expect.  Not that that is anything new, really it’s just…well, I’ll say this.  I do appreciate that this PPV is giving some of the less pushed players a shot.  I think that’s promising and I think everyone should take advantage of the attention.  I can’t say viewership will be great but perhaps they should try to play it like last week’s (2/29) Saturday Night Live.  John Mulaney hosted and I get it, he looks like your tax accountant.  You don’t think it’s going to be a great time but he’s actually hilarious and that show was one of the more solidly funny episodes in a while.  I just had to give it to him.  So, if I’m scheduled for Elimination Chamber, I’m trying to go at it like that.  Expecting no one to care and then making everyone who missed out wish they watched and take the up-tick in views later on as word of mouth spreads.  Of course, there’s no guarantee that they’ll accomplish this but that’s what I’d be shooting for.  Just go out there and do what you do best and take the rest of it on the chin.  If they actually put on a good show, joke’s on everyone who missed out.

As for tonight, looks like SmackDown is relying on the old draws up until WrestleMania as the remnants of nWo are set to make an appearance.  I missed out on this faction so this isn’t going to do much for me.  Not sure it’ll do much for newer/younger fans as well because they tend to be dated as hell and the bulk of them haven’t aged well.  I really think the WWE may want to rethink some of the entrance music for the older sets.  I know people know it and appreciate the familiarity and stuff but they should really consider remixing some of these themes so that it has a chance at modern day appeal.  They can release some remasters of the old stuff on the WWE merch site if they want to appease die-hards.  I’m just saying that it’s cringe-worthy some of the time when that music hits.  If they’re going to go through all this promotion, might as well bring people in as opposed to prompt them to keep walking.

As for some other advertised content, looks like the Ladies are going to get some action. Bayley is gonna double up the bad with Sasha Banks and give Naomi and Lacey Evans something deal with.  And Bray Wyatt is supposed to have another episode of the Firefly Fun House.  We’ll see if we’re entertained.  I can get into it when it’s more on the demented side but when it’s just odd…I’m left flat.  I know, it’s a fine line but like I’ve said and you’ve seen if you’ve peeped my Introduction, I’m a Ren & Stimpy fan.  That’s the sort of crazy I like.  More humor!  Less twisted or make the twisted more funny.   The same goes for funny tweets.  Funny ones will get retweeted and as for Likes/Favorites…let’s just see if they manage something worth conjuring a gem over.


See You in a Bit,
-Nicole Alexis (^_~)




Comments