Well, RAW Kinda Struck Out Last Week. Can SmackDown Do Any Better?...


Happy Friday, Enthusiasts.

I know it’s kinda hard to know how to feel about these times with toilet paper so hard to come by nowadays but at least the WWE Universe is attempting to remain constant.  For some, that’s not the greatest thing because the attempt currently appears phoned in at best.  It would appear that the WWE doesn’t really know how to operate without a crowd to feed off of so, it will be interesting to see if this week’s SmackDown is even worth watching.  RAW was a definite disappointment and the lack of interest appears to be deafening.  AEW appears to be managing but they’re just a bit too “serious” for my blood.  When I say that, it’s clear that they want to make titles matter again and all that but my point has always been, did they ever matter?  The jig is up, the whole thing is scripted so titles never mattered.  We just believed that they did.  I, for one, don’t have to suspend my disbelief in this matter.  If the content is fun to watch, if the match is good, it doesn’t matter to me that it’s  fake.  What matters is whether it is well-performed or not.  And at the moment, the WWE simply isn’t performing well.

Now, I like having this blog so, I’m going to see if they find a better stride and as we all know, they kinda don’t have a choice.  Half-assing it didn’t work so now they have to apply some thought.  That appears to be what’s happening for WrestleMania.  We start to get a taste of the new program tonight as Rob Gronkowski is going to demonstrate his hosting skills and Goldberg is gonna risk it and show up for a contract signing with Roman Reigns.  That’s probably what that news floating around about Reigns being monitored for the CoronaVirus.  Don’t want to put the old-timer in harm’s way.  And I kinda like how they figure Reigns would be a risk, like…there’s potential there is all I’m gonna say.  It could allude to aspects of his personality should he decide to elaborate, which we all know wouldn’t hurt.

Anyway, this is a pivotal night for the WWE whether they know it or not.  RAW kinda blew it not being able to handle the “curve ball” and with Triple H pitching last week, SmackDown is setting the bar again.  We’ll see if they can restart this momentum and begin to drum up interest for this new image for WrestleMania that’s developing.  I’m rooting for them but we know that all they really know is hit or miss…let’s just pray they can get a bat on in it.   Funny tweets get retweeted and if you manage some genius in all this, good on you.  You’ll be rewarded with a Like and a retweet.  ‘Cause you’re special.


See You in a Bit,
-Nicole Alexis (^_~)





PS: I'll be watching live this evening so the East Coasters get a taste of my madness.  All this self-quarantining prompts a family atmosphere.  Having dinner w/the Housemates.  My life's not all wrestling 😉

Comments