Not the Greatest News for SmackDown to Work With...

How’s It Going, Enthusiasts?

You hanging in there?  My sympathies to you if you’re in a state where you’re out of work due to the current circumstances.  This CoronaVirus is certainly having far reaching effects.  The very likes of which can be seen in this year’s WrestleMania.  The latest news could be a blessing in disguise as it is circulating that Roman Reigns is being replaced by Braun Strowman due to health concerns.  Is this the right call or does it hearken to make a call for postponement all together?

Now, I hold the unpopular view that the bout with Leukemia is a work of some sort but I have also voiced that it’s to cover something else.  Given the nature of the work, I would say it’s of some concern but none of my business so I take the hint to not pry.  The gentleman is allowed some privacy.  So, in response to that, one may be offended that such a grave condition was used in such a way but that’s why I think it’s a private matter.  Who’s to say it isn’t just as serious?  They did cover their asses by citing it was a milder case but still, we all know how cancer ain’t no joke and I don’t think they’re treating it as one.  But I'm in the camp that this angle is more to garner sympathy for poor presentation, not necessarily a potentially debilitating condition.  If you ask me, this is all about fixing a mistake but that's just me.

In any case, I was surprised at the general response.  Given how Reigns is often received, I’d expected more sighs of relief but there appears to be more calls for postponement and disappointment than anything else.  It was not so long ago many would have jumped to rag on this turn of events.  I know it’s not cool to harp on the sick guy but at the same time, this crowd, We the Audience have never been the type to hold back, especially when in poor taste.  I know times have changed but do I detect a slight change in response to Roman Reigns?  Is the crowd finally accepting him on their terms?  Hmmm, never thought I’d see the day.  Now, I won’t lie and say he’s a great wrestler but he has improved as a performer and I do see the work out there.  He is definitely trying.  You just can’t hate on that.  Say what you want, what you can’t say is he isn’t doing the work.  Also, we must admit it is a little more…exciting when he is around.  Things just seem to “crackle-pop” more so, to go in knowing right off the bat there will be less of that, I can see why some people are beginning to ask why bother.  We’ll see if this call holds up until showtime.

As for tonight’s SmackDown, well RAW was better but there’s still a lot to be desired.  At least they’re trying to iron out the kinks.  There’s no telling how long “no audience” will be the case.  SmackDown will counter with some Firefly Fun House action.  Drew Gulak and Shinsuke Nakamura will have a spar.  The Usos and The New Day will see if they’re still crazy when no one’s there to watch.  And Asuka and Alexa Bliss will have a go-round to stay loose and limber. Doesn’t sound too bad in writing.  Funny tweets get retweeted and let’s just see if we can work with this enough to get a Like/Favorite.  There looking for it…not sure they’re gonna find it though.


See You in a Bit,
-Nicole Alexis (^_~)




Comments