Well, It's Monday...Is It Still Worth Watching RAW?...


A Good Monday to You, Enthusiasts.

How’s it going?  Has the stir crazy set in yet?  To be honest, I was a little too loose last night and so I am paying for it now.  Let’s just say this is one of the times I’m thankful I can work from home.  In any case, I along with some of you are probably wondering if it’s even worth watching tonight’s RAW because the WWE has no idea what to do at the moment.  The talent can’t act well enough to do fully scripted episodes but with the action without context, it’s hard to validate taking the time.  It’s a bit of a conundrum and it’s one that the WWE has to solve or they’re not going to have too many fans left. 

Now, I don’t expect an immediate mass exodus but understand what I’m really saying here.  So far, it’s becoming a little too clear what the WWE’s weaknesses are.  There’s more than the loss of fans at stake.  They have to reestablish the brand.   At the moment, they are looking amateur at best and that doesn’t help in terms of negotiating with partners.  They have this deal with FOX to honor and if they proceed with subpar material, these sorts of collaborations may certainly come under question.  I wouldn’t blame anyone.  An executive should be wondering what the hell they are paying for.  Never mind the lukewarm responses from fans.  All I’m saying is that the WWE isn’t winning right now and this is a key time to perform because you have so many people sitting around with less to do.  This is a great time to make a move to grow the audience but without anything worth watching, I don’t know what the WWE hopes to achieve outside of completely confirming their own decline.  We’ll see what they do to turn this tide.  They do tend to change course when the ship starts to sink.  I’ll give them that.

So, SmackDown was kinda okay at best but it was better than last week’s RAW.  We’ll see if they manage to actually fill the 3 hours or continue to fill the dead air with old matches.  I personally don’t care for the replays.  What’s done is done in my mind and there hasn’t been that many great matches during the past 5 years that really warrant review.   I haven’t been hanging around to watch them and I doubt I’m alone.  I’m sure the numbers are horrible right now and the WWE only have themselves to blame.  I hope their seeing this as the stark wake-up call it is.  The laurels this company has been resting on have long been dead and have basically been ground to dust.  They have the talent, but they don’t know what to do with them.  Let’s see if tonight is just another demonstration to the fact.   Randy Orton is advertised to make an appearance as is Brock Lesnar.  Drew McIntyre also will make his presence known at some point.  What it will all amount to, is very hard to say but I’ll be very shocked if this is a decent show.  So, with that said, go ahead and rip ‘em to shreds.   Your funnier contributions will be retweeted.  Yes, we don’t have to be cruel but the point is that the WWE is supposed to be the pinnacle of their field and times like these illustrates how much they are not.  Let us see if they realize this about themselves and try to do something about it or if they continue to adhere to delusion and simply proceed as if they are best anyway.  We’ve got plenty of content to choose from these days.  Let’s see if they give us a reason to choose them.


See You in a Bit,
-Nicole Alexis (^_~)




Comments