SmackDown Wants to be "A" Show Again...It's Not Impossible...

How’s Your Friday, Enthusiasts?

Staying cool?  California is on fire again.  It’s been hazy the entire week.  But, let’s not dwell on that.  So, you don’t need me to tell you that the big WWE news is Rusev/Miro debuting on AEW.  I honestly didn’t see that coming.  On this very blog I have said that Miro is made for the WWE.  I understand his grievances, though.  WWE has never been perfect but I don’t know if he’ll find any more success on AEW.  I respect it as a wrestling promotion.  I’m glad they hit a million views on the ratings but they still come off like what they are to me.  Everyone who couldn’t find a following with WWE tries their luck at AEW.  So, it looks like a mid-card show essentially.  Sorry.

What’s interesting about all this is that I was actually watching AEW this week.  I was curious after all the talk about All Out sucking.  I checked out a few of the matches to see for myself and then watched the show to see how they would handle the fallout.  Besides being shocked at Miro’s new home, I was also taken by how much I miss Dean Ambrose.  I’m glad Jon Moxley is finding his own way but it still feels like he’s misplaced to me.  When WWE gets its shit together and I hope that happens soon, I hope they figure out how to get these guys back.  I don’t know about Miro.  Seems like he’s a little jaded with how things worked out but that’s understandable.  Hopefully, Miro can have some fun with AEW and get over it.  But Moxley/Ambrose could still have a great career with WWE.  But I get it.  WWE needs to have a clearer train of thought first.  I don’t blame him for not wanting to waste his time.

I think the disconnect for Miro happened when he dropped kayfabe on social media.  I can understand both sides on that one.  Miro should be free to have fun, especially if Creative had nothing good for him.  If WWE’s creative department was more structured, they could have had a stronger argument against Miro doing his own thing but their distinct lack of focus may have very well been the cause.  I understand and I don’t blame him.  It’s things like this that I hope fosters changes in WWE.  They could be great but for some reason, they’ve opted to settle ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

 So, what’s going on for SmackDown?  Well, Jeff Hardy and AJ Styles will have themselves a box for the Intercontinental Title.  Bayley will explain why she joined the Faceless Men and Mr. Bray Wyatt will host another installment of the Firefly Fun House.  Early reports aren’t bad but nothing is exactly standing out either.  We’ll have to wait and see.  Funny tweets get retweeted and as for Likes/Favorites, let’s just see what we get.  Other social media commenters are noticing the improvements as well.  Take that as a good sign.  Years ago, WWE didn’t care that they sucked, they didn’t have to.  Now, with others challenging and people sitting at home, they’re forced to up their game.  We fans stand to benefit.  Let’s see if they stay on the upward trend.

  

See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~) 




Comments