SmackDown Is Doing Its Part....

Happy Friday, Enthusiasts!

How’s every little thing?  So, there’s a bit of news circulating in the WWE Universe.  I suppose the biggest news is the banning of 3rd Party interactions by the WWE.  There are side-hustles that semi-famous types can do like Cameo and Twitch that allow a person to make a little extra scratch and maintain some limelight.  A former co-worker introduced me to Cameo and I have to say, a lot of WWE wrestlers who are now with AEW were on the site at the time.  And if I remember correctly, they were using their real names or other aliases for the most part, or at least I remember seeing Zack Ryder on there as Matt Cordona.  There were a few notables on there at the time.  I don’t know if this has something to do with the incident with Alexa Bliss.  She was paid $400 to essentially turn down a date.  I can see liability issues arising with incidents like that so, WWE may simply be nipping this in the bud before it gets out of hand.   I’m not sure if that applies to Legends.  I heard recently that Lita started a Twitch channel.   She might sneak by since she’s not actively on the roster.

There’s also some happy news as word dropped that Rey Mysterio is in the process of getting his own animated series.  Early reports say that it’s set for Cartoon Network.  I’m not sure what the tone will be.  I don’t know if will be aired during Adult Swim hours or if it’s going to be aimed at kids but good for him.  He’s clearly starting to think of life after wrestling.

In not so happy news, news of AOP’s release broke.  I was under the impression that they were side-lined due to injury.  I don’t remember which one but it was something long-term.  Looks like these fellows got hit by a bout of bad luck.  I’m sure they’ll fit in fine over at AEW for the time being, if they’ll have them.

Ultimately, this is a proof of a larger issue.  WWE sits on talent.  Now, this may not be new but it’s now becoming obvious.  Again, why have a creative department if they’re not putting the roster to work?  What’s the point of them, then?  Just in terms of cost-effectiveness, it’s looking like a waste of money.  The talent, for the most, part have proven they are talented when they get the chance so, one can deduce the creative department is the drain.  If I had the say, I’d be looking for people who can get the job done.  I’d be angling to get all the shows, NXT, Main Event, 205Live, RAW and SmackDown interconnected.   That’s more than enough airtime to at least get everyone active and healthy some airtime weekly.  Also, I’d try to have it set up so that anyone could show up anywhere.  205Livers could show up on RAW or SmackDown.  Someone from RAW could be on Main Event or NXT  or any of them and it wouldn’t be a demotion.  That’s how the WWE Universe would work.  Perhaps the development of stables could facilitate that.  Superstars could cameo on the lesser shows to show support or to scout for talent.  Naturally, that could lead to “unplanned action”, brawls and the sort.  It could get people to check out more WWE content on YouTube.  I don’t know if I could bring myself to watch more wrestling than I already do, but if I got word of something fun, I’d check it out online.  Could be a way to build buzz in this Pandemic Era.

And so, we arrive at tonight’s action.  SmackDown doesn’t have that much advertised.  WWE is gonna do what it usually does as it has the rematch for the Women’s Tag Team Championship.  There will be a Fatal-4-Way to determine who’s got next for #1 Contender for the Universal Title and we’ll get introduced to the Paul Heyman improved, Roman Reigns.  So far, it’s well-received.  Reigns appears to be the type you’re either into or you’re not.  Let us see if he sways anyone.  Funny tweets get retweeted and as for Likes/Favorites well, let’s see what we get.  It’s recently been more cleaned up.  There were a few shitty shows in recent months but let’s attribute that to the internal changes.   It appears to be settling down and it’s good to at least see that they’re addressing that issue.  With so many people sitting at home, they need to drum up more genuine interest.  Only thing that does that, is genuine product.  I like how push is now coming to shove.  Let’s aim for encouragement overall but if they deserve it, by all means, let them have it.  If it’s a good enough sting or quip, you’ll get credit for it.

  

See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)




PS: My latest article is up. See what I also thought about Payback.  Saved it for publication 😉

Comments