RAW Begins a Long Stretch in No Man's Land...

How’s It Going, Enthusiasts?

 

Doing all right at the beginning of the week? This has been one of the smoother Mondays I’ve had on record so, I’m not complaining. I think you can probably tell by now that I rarely do.

 

Anyway, let’s see what’s going on in the wrestling world. So, CM Punk continues to be at the top of the heap, this time on real TV with a guest role on the new wrestling series Heels.  He basically played one of his alter egos in Ricky Rabies, an indie backwoods type of wrestler. Well, watch the episode for the glimpse it gives of Punk in the ring. That’s probably a good preview of what’s in store for fans in the months to come. By the looks of it, Punk’s still got it.  But what really intrigues me is how Punk is on his own personal media offensive. He’s blowing up in this bitch and that seems to be the plan.

 

I don’t have a problem with this, it’s just not quite what I was expecting. Punk wants to blow up on his own terms and he appears to be achieving the goal. He debuts on AEW in his hometown, follows it up with a couple of subsequent appearances and then his episode of Heels drops. Does he have a movie cameo in Dune I don’t know about or something? The moves seem to be very measured. I’m not sure what Punk’s endgame is but it is all too clear that the man has a plan. So far, I see no reason not to say all power to him.

 

Outside of that, there wasn’t too much that caught my eye. Ric Flair is trending on the social medias with an impassioned promo making the rounds but it didn’t resonate enough with me to comment too much upon.

 

We’re in No Man’s Land in the WWE Universe and many may say that’s the general state of affairs until Survivor Series in November so, don’t expect too much between now and then. If WWE is smart, we see a lot of experimentation. I can respect them for wanting to do things their way but that means they have to figure out what works. These next few months should involve that search if they know what’s good for them. People are more than willing to take their business to AEW. They got to give people a reason to stay or dare I say it, figure out how to draw in new fans. I’m not expecting much movement on the latter but that should be the way they go if they want to be the reigning spot for “sports entertainment”. Remaining relevant has to be one of their priorities.

 

In any case, tonight’s RAW continues to stick to what happened last week. Damian Priest shows us he’s not going to sit on the title. He throws up the US Title to an open challenge.  And Piper Niven a.k.a. Doudrop is going to face her now nemesis in Eva Marie. Something tells me we’re going to get some Lilly interference but let’s hope I’m wrong. Everything else, we have to sit down and watch. Funny tweets and Likes get retweeted. I suggest that you clear your minds when it comes to WWE content for the time being. Don’t presume anything just observe. Let it do to you what it will.

 

See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)




Comments