RAW Closes Out Crown Jewel with Its Fallout...

 How Are You Doing, Enthusiasts?

 

A storm is finishing up its pass through in my next of the woods. Just glad I didn’t have to drive in the worst of it. So, there’s quite a bit going on in the wrestling world this week. Let’s get started. Going to try and keep this short.

 

So, let’s start with some non-WWE news as Eric Bischoff continues to not make friends as he calls out CM Punk’s run as being equivalent to Punk shitting the bed. I’m not sure I’d take it quite that far but I would think one would have to expect a tapering off once the thrill wore off. Not sure what else they guy is supposed to do. He’s in his 40s, not getting younger but he is charismatic, I have to give him that but AEW so focused on the wrestling, what are they supposed to do with that decidedly WWE trait? There’s a lot going on here. To say Punk is subversive is a bit of understatement. Bischoff is clearly looking for attention so I’m not sure how much to take from this statement but what is surprising is that a lot of social media comments appear to agree. So, people aren’t impressed a couple months later. Noted.

  

In the WWE Universe, we’ll start with the 2022 PPV schedule being out. The venues haven’t been set but the dates have. Everyone is applauding the Saturday dates which I won’t mind. This makes me think that this may lead to more of a party atmosphere over at WWE. With no work in the morning, why not revel in wrasslin’ all night? It’s incentive to develop backstage content. Let’s hope they start with the natural talkers first. They need to have lively “after parties”.

 

So, the other bit of news floating around is the botched title hand-off that occurred between Becky Lynch and Charlotte Flair on SmackDown. Given where things are now, I’m not sure how much of it I should believe if any of it at all. I can understand there being a misunderstanding and maybe even a heated exchange backstage but if everyone is keen on keeping their jobs, the issue should have been addressed. That being said, I think anything that we’re hearing subsequently is a work and that’s fine. That’s how they should spin mishaps. We’ll work up a lot of the drama for ourselves with the speculation. Everyone just has to have fun pretending to be pissed. Once I heard Sonya DeVille wanted to fight I stopped believing it. The one good thing is that the issue was not liking what was scripted, this is infinitely better by default. The WWE Universe loves juicy beef.

 

So that brings us to tonight’s RAW. It’s fallout from Crown Jewel and so far, early reports are promising. We’re getting a taste of the new faceoffs that we’ll slowly get tired of. Hey, just because they switched things up doesn’t mean they won’t do more of the same. I’ll change my tune when they officially change theirs. Scheduled is a customary rematch as RKBro will face AJ Styles and Omos again for the Tag Team Titles. Becky Lynch will make herself nice and comfortable on Monday nights along with Seth Rollins. And besides that, we’ll have to wait and see. Funny tweets and Likes tend to get retweeted. We’re in No Man’s Land until Survivor Series so just try to have fun. See if they lay a train of thought we can follow.

 

 

See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)




Comments