SmackDown Provides a Beacon Through No-Mans' Land....

Happy Friday, Enthusiasts!

 

It’s especially happy for me because I was able to prevent a need to get up early on Saturday so, I’m stoked 😉 As for the rumblings in the wrestling world, there are a few things I can kick around. Let’s jump into it.


So, we’ll start with AEW this time around. For whatever reason, the ratings are falling for them. Some say it’s due to the Saturday shows that didn’t draw well and maybe so-so programming. Whether anyone wants to admit it or not, WWE has been pretty solid in recent weeks, even with RAW. Yeah, there’s still repetition but it’s been well-executed and we all know that AEW can put on a sloppy display. So, what I’m getting at is that this shouldn’t be much of a surprise. WWE’s problem has always been content, not talent, not production values. They just aren’t very creative over there. Outside of that, it’s professionally produced television. As for AEW, that’s not always easy to say. They may have more fun and are more open creatively but it looks like just what it is, a bunch of wrestlers putting on a show. That’s fine for some, but I prefer the polish.

 

On a side note, this is the main reasons I want PAC to return to the WWE. I know that may be farfetched but he’s clearly a step or 2 above their roster. Creative would have to plot a proper course for him but if he realizes that too, a return may not be so hard to believe. I’m not going to hold my breath but I think both parties should give it some thought.

  

Speaking of changing teams, Bray Wyatt now goes by his given name in Windham Rotunda and is open for business. I really don’t think he ends up anywhere but WWE yet…I wouldn’t be surprised if he wound up surprising everyone and put MLW on the map. I hear they just had a string of releases and given what I’ve seen, it could be a scene he could thrive in. He’d have to take the pay cut but it could potentially be worth it for future dividends. We’ll hear what happens soon enough.

 

All right, on to WWE news.  Word is that Charlotte was pulled from her appearances this week, ramping up speculation about her status. I still think this is a work or a shoot quickly turned into a work because of the nature of it. I already explained last week that with the information that’s out, it doesn’t make sense for there still to be an issue. If you really ask me, I think everyone was just tired and jetlagged. It was right after Crown Jewel. Couldn’t have been all that rested. Superstars had a human moment and that’s fine ‘cause it happens. That’s why I didn’t buy the heat after. Just didn’t make a lot of sense if they’re serious and want to keep their jobs. Makes complete sense if the goal is to drum up some drama. Let’s see if they can make it interesting.

  

We’ll get the first taste of how they move forward tonight since it appears that Charlotte is opening. As for the rest of the evening, we’ll have to tune in and see. Just remember it’s on FS1 tonight because of the World Series. WWE kept things hush-hush so we’ll have to deduce on our own if that’s for a good reason. Be fair out there. They’ve been cleaning it up. Don’t poo-poo ‘em just because you prefer AEW. Go have fun at Rampage. I’ll see what’s good with that later. In the meantime, funny tweets and Likes get retweeted. Let’s have fun tonight.

 

 

See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)





Comments