SmackDown Makes It Clear that Focus Is Now on King & Queen of the Ring

 How’s It Going, Enthusiasts?


I’m on a brief vacay again but I’ve budgeted my time more efficiently this time around. So, there’s some stuff but again it’s stuff that’s pending more than anything else. Yet, there are a few things that I can chat about like MLW. I’ve only heard of them and I assume that Jacob Fatu is a part of the “Bloodline” technically but that’s about it. Word is Will Osprey will join them soon and they had an hour of television on Vice last night. You know what, I liked it! I liked it more than I like AEW. What I saw looked more like what I would do with a wrestling promotion and I enjoyed the wrestling news segment too. Just to the point wrasslin’. I’m down. The action was good and the presentation simple. The only notes I have for them is to work on the camera work. There was a lot of times they had other cameramen in the shot. Makes it clear everyone is new to that, but that’s okay. I like the junior feel of it. Get the feeling they’ll learn. I’ll watch the next show, no problem.


The other thing that caught my interest is the rumors about Braun Strowman. I hear he’ll be re-signing soon with WWE only to hear he’s just trying to get his job back. This disparity is a bit disconcerting. Either, people are fishing for news or maybe they were in talks and they fell through. There’s a good chance that it’s all just talk too. Well, I don’t mind if Strowman comes back but they should be more open ended with him. WWE misses a big point about performance sometimes. They often try to make people into people they aren’t. That’s fine if the party is versatile but in order to make the most of someone, you lead with their strengths. Trying to get them to operate out of character tends to be a recipe for disaster, which we have often witnessed in real time. They wanted Strowman to be a “Monster Among Men” but it’s clear his a gentle bear which is fine. He’s a case where humor would probably help more than trying to make him menacing. He can spit some decent shit talk. He should be allowed the occasional zinger and stuff whomever has it coming. Besides, Roman Reigns needs some people big enough to Superman Punch 😉 Omos and Dabbo Kato aren’t there yet. 


Anyway, that’s all that piqued my interest. The layout for the King and Queen of the Ring Tournaments are being laid out and I’m not sure how seriously anyone is going to take it but we‘ll see. So far, the efforts to “revamp” have been falling flat. It will take more than a new coat of paint to undo all the damage. They’ve been sucking for a long time. It’d be naïve to think they’d just turn it around. Like I said, give ‘em 2 years. They need to face facts whether they like it or not. Don’t expect them to give in easily. Funny tweets and Likes get retweeted. Let me take a look at what we have to work with.


See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~) 





Comments