RAW Takes the Reins As It Preps Us for Crown Jewel....

How Are You Doing, Enthusiasts?

 

My Monday got off to a shaky start but it stabilized by afternoon. So, it’s kind of a slow news day, wrestling-wise, which should keep this post brief. I’ve gotten most of the stuff that was on my chest out so, I don’t see the point in senselessly blathering. As much as I can do it, I try to keep it to a minimum.

 

Anyway, so we're in a weird space seeing how Crown Jewel is this year’s October PPV. SmackDown will be a Go Home Show with RAW bringing up the rear. SmackDown is supposed to be “Super-Sized” with an extra 30 minutes tacked on which may be kinda fun. I was enjoying myself so much last week that I didn’t even realize that Seth Rollins and Edge was the final segment. I was ready for more so, if they can put together another engaging SmackDown filling the time should be easy. I have no idea how to feel about all this so I don’t have much to say. Let’s just see if it all serves its purpose.

 

That did lead me to watch AEW Rampage and I still prefer MLW to them. I don’t know what it is. It’s like they’re in their own world. It’s the AEW version of the WWE Universe…The AEW Continuum maybe? The AEW Domain? What I’m getting at is that they’re kind of insular and I’m not sure if I want to assimilate. I keep giving them chances but I find myself not being taken in but there are good matches to see so, I’ll keep to checking those out on YouTube.

 

In other news, it sounds like it may be a while before we get a Roman Reigns vs. The Rock showdown. Early reports say that’s not the plan for next year and you know what I’m fine with that. I have an article on TWM that goes into detail as to why that’s not a good idea. It was a worse idea then. Now…there’s just no build up which more or less hasn’t changed. We all know that The Rock has played heel before and we shouldn’t assume he’d return as a Face. We can practically assume the Bloodline are heels. I don’t know if they’ll Face turn as one either but there’s story to be told when they split. Yet, it may be too soon to contemplate any of that. We all know that telling a story isn’t exactly WWE’s strong suit. Let’s just hope they lead us into it when they decide to pull the trigger.

 

Anyway, coming around to RAW we have continued King & Queen of the Ring Tournament early rounds to look forward to. So far, people don’t like the short Women’s matches. They’ve been wrapping up in under 2 minutes recently. Some are taking offense. Speaking of the Ladies, Sasha Banks and Bianca BelAir will pair briefly to take on the likes of Charlotte and Becky Lynch, wouldn’t be surprised if that turns into a bit of a Fatal-4-Way. And Big E will dangle the title in Drew McIntyre’s face to see if he grabs for it. I get the feeling he would enjoy the game of keep-away. Funny tweets and Likes get retweeted. Let’s see if they make it interesting.


See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)





Comments