Brock Lesnar Takes the Wheel on SmackDown...

 How’s Are You Doing, Enthusiasts?


I hope you all are doing well. So, there are a few things we can talk about tonight. Let’s not waste any time and get into it.



So, in WWE news, they’re planning a PPV in the UK in September. That should be interesting. I don’t know what the theme is or what we’ll even be contemplating then but that is something new, I suppose. I’m all for these sorts of experiments. No harm in it. What raises an eyebrow is that AEW plans to have its PPV on the same day so it’ll be a head-to-head in views. That said, let’s see if WWE rises to the challenge. Most people bailed because WWE tends to phone it in regardless of having a stacked roster, AEW tends to have heart and that is endearing. We’ll see if WWE ups the “entertainment” value as we approach September. 



In more AEW focused news, it appears that they are considering acquiring Bret Hart. They’ve already invested in the memory of Owen Hart so they might as well get Bret. I have no problem with this. I respect Bret Hart but I missed out on him. I stay in the present so, I don’t feel the need to review past matches but I know he’s a legend and I won’t challenge his legacy, it just has no real bearing for me. I missed this boat. If AEW can make use, so be it. Not sure who would complain. WWE doesn’t seem too concerned.



There’s also news dropping that Cody Rhodes signed with WWE. I know people kinda roll their eyes at this now but I think it’s fair. Like I’ve said, AEW is in existence due to a disconnect with these 2. Rhodes may not be ideal when it comes to being a “face of the company” type but we all know WWE is home for him, no matter how any of us feel. He gave it his all and they didn’t seem to care. He had every right to take his business elsewhere, even if that meant creating it. However, the truth just came out. Let’s not lie, he was bred to be a sports entertainer. I hope both sides have made their peace with what happened and I hope that they just let him have fun out there. We know he’s not trying to phone it in.



And so, that brings us to tonight’s SmackDown. There’s not much advertised outside of Brock Lesnar being in attendance to take a bite out of Roman Reigns. We all know he can’t let an attack stand. He’s got himself a car door and is breathing that hellfire. Besides that, you have to tune in and see. Funny tweets and Likes get retweeted. We’re still a few weeks out from WrestleMania so, don’t expect too much but don’t make up your mind beforehand either. Let them make their pitches. Let’s try to be fair so when we bitch, it actually matters and we’re not just bitching.



See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~) 





Comments