SmackDown Serves as a Rest Stop to WrestleMania...

How’s Everyone Doing Tonight, Enthusiasts?

 

Good, I hope. So, there’s some big news. I’m sure you all know what it is so let’s not waste any time.

 

Triple H has announced his formal retirement from in-ring competition. The cardiac event he suffered last year nearly took his life and he now lives with a defibrillator. That’s too bad. There is nothing else the man can really do. I don’t know if we can do the 6 Million-Dollar Man thing just yet. I will always praise Triple H for supremely executing his job. He was the embodiment of a Heel. I couldn’t tell you why now, but back in the day, he had me livid! I’d be so mad! It wasn’t until my adulthood did I realize that’s exactly what he intended. I don’t even know if you can do that nowadays. You have to be so considerate, or the joke is lost. He’d just be labeled toxic and rude. He will be missed by those who witnessed and experienced his distinct genius. Hopefully he can still help out behind the scenes.

 

Something else that caught my eye was an interview from Dolph Ziggler. He was as candid as he could be and what he said basically confirms my general conclusions on the WWE Product. It’s scattered and focuses on who is popular. It’s one of the reasons WWE is like high school. Who knows why the cool kids are the “cool kids”. They just are. They have the looks, the charisma or both. It’s just the way it is. Doesn’t mean everyone else sucks. People just generally don’t care. We’re just the rest of the kids. So, I guess one of the questions WWE may face in the future is should it mature?

 

Should this go ahead and graduate to “college”? It’s a big question for them. I think they should consider some sort of elevation of the product. It’s too easy to call it “crap”. They need to work on validating themselves in some way. The only suggestions I have are for philosophy. I think they should take the helm and embrace the evolution of Gladiatorship. I think they should aim to make WWE a form of Human Release. This should be a place where tensions can be safely let go and worries forgotten. I think they should strive to provide that public service. How to best do that until the end of time? I don’t really know. All I can suggest is to make it fun. Problem with that, what’s “fun” is very subjective. We must admit, this is not everyone’s cup of tea.

 

So, that brings us to tonight’s SmackDown. Well, even though it’s the week before the Go-Home Shows, there’s nothing really advertised for tonight outside of Roman Reigns and Brock Lesnar showing up. We can see on Twitter that’s true. We get some other returns as well but I’ll wait until I see ‘em. Funny tweets and Likes get retweeted. Let’s see if they keep the evening interesting, even if not many people care at the moment.

 

See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)





Comments