Royal Rumble 2023

Happy Royal Rumble, Enthusiasts!

 

So, this will be a fairly short post because the Royal Rumble appears to be just that this year, The Rumble. I’m thinking it opens with the Women and closes with the Men with the Title Matches sandwiching the Pitch Black match. I like the “to the point” approach. Let’s hope it all works out.

 

So, given there is and isn’t a lot to talk about, I’ll keep this post simple. For the Women’s Rumble, I couldn’t even begin to think who wins because it all depends on who wins the RAW Women’s Title. If Bianca Belair retains, it all depends on who makes a believable opponent. Alexa Bliss is only a contender due to “Crazy” being on her side so, I don’t know how long that lasts.

 

As much as we don’t mind suspending a little disbelief, we will only go so far. On top of that, we like a fight! So, it’s hard to get jazzed for a fight with someone who’s 90lbs unless you’re a fan or both parties are waifs. So, I guess if Bliss wins, we can maybe expect Liv Morgan? I respect Bliss but I’m not that big of a fan for this very reason. Why doesn’t someone just sit on her? She has to “prove” that just won’t be enough.

 

On that note, there’s word that Nia Jax may be one of the surprises of the evening and right there you would have my case and point. Though, Bliss has gotten the best of Jax before, it’s just that. If Bliss isn’t savvy, Jax just sits on her so… we’ll see who makes things interesting.

 

The Pitch Black Match has me very curious. LA Knight is demonstrating why he got called up but Bray Wyatt is a special sort. Knight comes off somewhat formulaic. How will these styles collide? It’s that alone that makes me lean towards a Wyatt victory but how and what exactly I don’t know. So, let’s just breakdown what we know. Wyatt is a hoarder. He likes to have a tribe. So far, we know he has “flunkies”. Could Knight be the first “acquisition”? Of the new Wyatt, that is 😉 Given how Knight’s playing it, I wouldn’t be surprised. All too cocky usually doesn’t bode well in a “horror” backdrop. We’ll see if they avoid eyerolls.

 

Then it’s the Men’s Royal Rumble. Well, I think we’re generally agreed that though we don’t mind Brock Lesnar’s presence but we don’t want him winning. We’ve seen that battle and I doubt it differs much under Triple H. I’m sticking to what I said before. I hope Sheamus gets in there. I think he’s the best bet. Whatever goes down, we have no problem believing it. He’s a formidable opponent. And then we have our surprises. Could we have a return of sorts…outside of Cody Rhodes could maybe a Rusev Day return? CJ Perry a.k.a. Lana has been dropping social media posts. Could that be a tease of what’s to come. Miro/Rusev could be a good opponent for Reigns as well. We shall see.

  

So, if you’re willing to pay in these rumored to about to be lean times come join me in the fun. Let’s make this a good time. That’s the point, right?

 

 

See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)

 





 

 

Comments