SmackDown Takes the Pace to a Light Jog Towards WrestleMania...

 How’s It Going, Enthusiasts!


If you’re in the United States, are you enjoying St. Patrick’s Day? Not sure if it’s recognized in the UK but if it is, hope you’re enjoying it as well. It’s my grandmother’s birthday in my family so, I don’t exactly go party, if you get my drift. Tends to be a quiet family affair.



Regardless, we have some tidbits to chat about in the WWE Universe. Not much though so, this should be a short post. To start it off, it’s a low ratings week for both WWE and AEW. Nothing much is going on in either promotion and fans are taking a break because of it.



This tends to prove my ultimate point about pro-wrestling and/or sports entertainment. Though it can develop diehard fans, people generally take this stuff casually so promotions shouldn't work too hard to pull in its audience. For the most part, we have more-involved interests. We’re not looking to trade it in for another one. But, stay fun and exciting and we’ll always come back for more. 



In other news, Pete “Butch” Dunne may be going back to just “Pete Dunne” which is fine by me. Some of these name changes didn’t make all that much sense. Like, I don’t know what the big difference between “Raquel Rodriguez” and “Raquel Gonzalez” outside of not trying to bring up the old feud between Gonzalez and Ripley on the main roster. We see that Doudrop returned to being “Piper Niven”. Perhaps the same will happen to Rodriguez. And we’ll see how Dunne reacclimates to being his old self. 



In the meantime, SmackDown continues the march to WrestleMania in Kansas City, MO. Sheamus and Drew McIntyre are set to “break-up” their friendship again as they battle for a shot at the Intercontinental Title. And naturally we’ll have the next installment of the Bloodline Saga as Sami Zayn confronts Jey Uso for his betrayal witnessed on RAW. We got a little over 2 weeks before the big weekend. We’ll see if WWE does its job and starts to ramp up the action and anticipation. 



It will touch and go for me due to the family festivities. I may join in on the West Coast feed or a bit later courtesy of DVR but I should have fun with it tonight. I’ll keep you posted one way or another. Besides, I get the feeling a lot of our stateside enthusiasts will be seeking out green beer anyway. We may all be checking in later or tomorrow. Won't hear any complaints from me.



See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)







Comments