SmackDown Offers a Brisk Jog as We Get Closer to WrestleMania....

What’s Going On, Enthusiasts?


Enjoying your Friday? I am though in a very relaxed manner. So, the Wrestling World has a few tidbits to chat about. Let’s have ourselves a little review.



It’s not a real surprise that CM Punk slipped back into his old self recently. The post has since been deleted but screenshots and quoted content is circulating. Though there were rumors going ‘round that Punk was missing wrestling, he made it kinda hard to go back to AEW by calling out the likes of Jon Moxley and Chris Jericho while confessing he’d never seen a Rocky Movie. 



To be honest, and I’m not alone, the not having seen any of the Rockys is the most surprising part of this. You’d think he’d at least stumble upon it at some point. I’m no big Sylvester Stallone fan but I’ve seen at least the first 4 movies. They’re not bad. Endearing in their simple way. Rocky definitely takes too many hits to the face if you ask me 😉



But going back to Punk, this is why I think he should just have a tongue-in-cheek last run with WWE. As much as our Temperamental Icon has alluded to that virtually being impossible, he’s kind of given himself no choice. I think a “begrudging” alliance could work for both sides. Punk could make fun of himself and thus redeem himself while WWE profits.



The question could be would WWE profit and I think they could if they go along with the publicized facts. Punk is a pissy problem. Who else would know how to make the most of that than WWE? I think there’s definite potential. Let’s see if they ever see it too.



In WWE periphery news, it’s official. Trinity Fatu f.k.a. Naomi has parted ways from WWE and appears to now perform under the name Trinity Starr. I wish Naomi well but I hope this experience has imparted some wisdom. Principle is a fine thing to have and should be commended but at the same time, not everyone cares. 



Professional wrestling is similar to the Entertainment Industry in that it concerns itself with popularity. I never minded Naomi but I wouldn’t have considered her popular. I’m sure Sasha Banks is being humbled as she explores the reality of going into business for herself. 



Both ladies have their fans and well-wishers but they don’t have that much prominence. The argument can be made for Banks but I feel she was on the less popular side of the 4 Horsewomen when they debuted. The whys and wherefores can be debated but such is life. We all knew who the popular kids were growing up. They just were, for whatever reason. Take those lessons and realize that these sort of things can’t exactly be forced. They tend to kinda happen. Regardless, I hope both ladies find some solace in their journeys.



Back in the WWE Universe, we can offer some congratulations to Akira Tozawa as he has welcomed a baby girl this week. Mazel Tov! I’m sure the new status of “Father” will suit him well. Many blessings to him and his family!



That takes us to tonight’s SmackDown. Not much is advertised though I feel I should note it’s in Las Vegas, NV this evening. Guess that’s the slight nod to WrestleMania being on the West Coast this year. There’s a slight chance that I’ll be attending this year too but we’ll have to see if the stars align for that to happen.



In the meantime, we have a match between LA Knight and Rey Mysterio to look forward to. Word is that Knight may be one of the backup options if Bray Wyatt is still out of commission come WrestleMania but we’ll see how real those reports are as we get closer to go-time. 



We can also look forward to Ludwig Kaiser getting some ring-time with Cody Rhodes. That could be a bit of a wild card match so I’m looking forward to it. As for everything else, you’ll have to tune in and see. I’ll be checking in on West Coast time. Find me on the Twitters if you like to tag along.



See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)







Comments