SmackDown Sets the Pace Going into WrestleMania...

Happy Friday, Enthusiasts!



It’s finally clear and sunny in Southern California. It’s cold, though so, a little different. We’ve had warm days in these last days of winter in the past but right now, it’s acting like Spring isn’t around the corner. No matter, it doesn’t stop me from staying in to enjoy my Friday night. Got plans for the weekend so, it’s not all homebound. Regardless, we’ve got a few points of interest to talk about. Let’s get into them, shall we?



Before we get into the rumor mill, let’s first offer some sincere congratulations to Solo Sikoa. Looks like he tied the knot this week and from what I could gather, it appears to be a lovely union. I wish the happy couple all the best. Mazel Tov!



All right, now to what’s going around. The first bit of “news” isn’t all that surprising. It sounds like Brock Lesnar has no interest working with Bray Wyatt. Word is that he shot down a WrestleMania match proposed for this year. This, I don’t blame Lesnar for. The angle still has a lot to be desired but I do commend Wyatt for trying to experiment with his presentation. It’s just obvious that Wyatt’s ideas are hit or miss for the most part. 



On top of that, Wyatt isn’t exactly the cleanest wrestler, shall we say. I can see how working a match with him in general could be difficult. However, the “scheduled” match with Omos can be equally ridiculed. This fact is why many onlookers feel that Mr. Vince McMahon is sticking a toe back into the WWE Creative waters whether it’s admitted or not. 



Personally, since that is the general feeling among fans so far, I get the feeling that the now materializing match between Bobby Lashley and Wyatt may develop into a Fatal-4-Way with Lesnar and Omos. Now, I’m not saying this salvages anything but it would be a spectacle at the very least. 



I come to this conclusion due to the parties involved. Omos has made progress but no one is really trying to see a match he’s in. I think this is more for the spectacle that is WrestleMania. It is kind of WWE tradition to have some “giants” prance around to be in fact larger than life. Omos appears to serve this for the time being with Braun Strowman to counter more or less.



They need something for him to do with all these eyes watching. Lesnar is the “legitimacy” draw with his reputation preceding him in most cases. Yet his “on call” status keeps him a fringe participant. Lashley has earned his keep but we all know what keeps us from fully embracing him. And Wyatt, well, he’s the odd man out but he does that on purpose. 



So the Fatal-4-Way would serve more as the Table 19 of this “wedding” of a WrestleMania. Not really sure what to do with these capable odds & ends, WWE slaps them together in a match and tells them all to go for it and crosses their fingers. It will be up to these gentlemen to make something out of nothing and I don’t doubt they can deliver but what they ultimately come up with, I could never imagine. We’ll see if I’m right. But what I do know is that I’d rather see the Fatal-4-Way than 2 separate matches with the pairs of them.



In any case, that’s all that caught my attention. There are some other grumblings circulating but none of it seemed all that “newsworthy” to me so, why blather on. For tonight’s SmackDown we have some anticipation as Cody Rhodes brand hops to get in Roman Reigns’ face. It’s still about a month from WrestleMania so let’s not expect anything too earth-shattering but it should be very telling for both parties in regards to how it goes down.



We also should see how the plans for GUNTHER start to take shape and Rhea Ripley will toss Liv Morgan around for a few minutes. For everything else, you’ll have to keep an eye on social media or watch the show. I’ll get at it for the West Coast airing. As always, you’re welcome to join me for the watch party. I encourage you to joke around and have fun. Adds a different dimension to the whole experience. Feel free to try it.



See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)






Comments