RAW Forces Us to Prioritize for Elimination Chamber...

How’s It Going, Enthusiasts?

 

Kind of a lot to consider at the moment but, only a few things have grabbed my interest. As much as I am consistent, I am a “casual fan”. I’ll always only care so much but as you can see, enough to put some time and effort into it so, let’s see what’s going on.

 

With WrestleMania fast approaching there are few loose ends that have to get tied up between now and then. The most obvious of which appears to be Damian Priest’s Money in the Bank contract. When’s he gonna cash in? Personally, that may be a twist in a main event between now and June.

 

Given all the talk with WrestleMania, I’m not sure if they could pull off a believable cash-in at WM40. With so many clamoring for Cody Rhodes to “finish his story”, to have Priest come in and cash-in on him comes off like WWE fucking with people. Definitely something they used to do but with the push to move away from the “VKM Influence/Sensibility” I think this would trigger too many fans into thinking things never changed.

 

Conversely, if he were to cash-in on a “worn out” Roman Reigns, there could be praise but what about Cody? Would he finish the story against Priest? I get the feeling not so many people would be interested. I could be wrong. I like how Priest has been coming along but let’s face it, he doesn’t have the draw as a Rhodes, Reigns, Seth Rollins or The Rock.

 

I’m not sure they’re willing to widen the scope on MITB because I wouldn’t be surprised if Priest cashed in on someone like GUNTHER or Logan Paul. I’m not sure Priest is at “Main Event” Level status just yet, but I can see him with the Intercontinental Title or the US Title easy.

 

Another route could be through Seth Rollins. He is lame, technically speaking, so it all depends if Rollins retains anyway. If so, it’s easy to have him roughed up and an injury reaggravated. It could be the perfect time for Priest to pounce. Yet, if the opponent is the likes of Drew McIntyre, I’d might light some drama and have McIntyre win but just barely. Perhaps, McIntyre, “suffers a mild injury” and the match was long. He’s hurt and exhausted, Priest could ruin his day and be the bane of McIntyre’s existence.

 

It all depends on who faces Rollins or if Rollins even fights. If for whatever reason, Rollins can’t go come WrestleMania, then that’s Priest’s match to cash-in on. Otherwise, if I’m Creative, I’m restructuring the terms of MITB. Of course, you want the big title but will that be entertaining is the other side of that coin. So, if whomever holds it just doesn’t have that sort of appeal, they can take one of the lesser titles just so the contract is used.  I would have no problem with Priest making Gunther lose his English with a shock cash-in and win.

 

So, those are my suggestions. Take or leave them. Doesn’t really matter ‘cause we’ll see what they do. As for tonight’s RAW, seeds are definitely being planted. It looks like there may be a Tag Team match added to WrestleMania the way Rollins is talking. I don’t need it but if other people like it, I won’t complain. Cody Rhodes will add his thoughts, naturally. Will see a different type of “Hoss Fight” as Bobby Lashley takes on Bronson “3-ft Thick” Reed. Zoey Stark will get some screen time courtesy of Liv Morgan. LA Knight will see what he can do against Ivar. It’s a more compelling match than it seems. I’ll give Ivar that. And we’ll have the standard 6-Man-Tag as The New Day take in Jey Uso to face Imperium with Gunther actually in the match.

 

For all else, you’ll have to watch. I’ll be doing just that during the 8 o’clock hour on this here West Coast in California. You can check me out on the Twitters or explore Blue Sky. Whichever you prefer. It’s all about the unofficial watch party either way.

 

 

See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)





Comments