Elimination Chamber is Over! RAW Shows Us the Fallout....

How’s It Going, Enthusiasts?

 

It’s a lightly rainy night in Southern California and the Elimination Chamber has come and gone. It was one of the finer ones if not the best I’ve ever seen. I fast-forwarded through the Kick-Off Show so I missed the Women’s Tag Team match but I caught everything else. I think we got some character development this PPV. We know our players a little better now. Shall we get into the implications? Maybe just a little.

 

So, general consensus is that the Women’s Elimination Chamber Match was Match of the Night. Personally, I preferred the Men’s Tag Team Match. Tyler Bate and Pete Dunne gave us a preview of the future, just as they were supposed to, and it’s looking quite bright. In the meantime, Finn Bálor and Damian Priest secured some street-cred and came off like a pair you don’t want to mess with. I found it satisfying.

 

We also got confirmation that AJ Styles is now in Yosemite Sam mode as he can’t stand the friggin-fraggin, no-good likes of LA Knight. He crashed the Men’s Elimination Chamber Match just to ruin Knight’s night. Meanwhile, Drew McIntyre more or less let everyone do the dirty work for him as he would creep in an reap the spoils. I expect mouthy folks to throw that back in his face from here to WrestleMania.

 

Regardless, I really appreciated the execution of this PPV. A new day is certainly upon us because I doubt we’d ever get anything that good 5 years ago. WWE is finally beginning to touch upon its potential and it’s a great thing to see. My mother is even able to watch it now and she couldn’t even stomach it a few years ago. Times are a changin’. It’s very promising and even better to see. I hope it does nothing but keep going.

 

So, on tonight’s RAW we have the customary Fallout. I think NXT only has a PPV between now and WrestleMania so most focus will be on set up for April henceforth. We’ll hear from our Chamber winners in Becky Lynch and McIntyre. Grayson Waller showed us that he’s sipping on the Bloodline fruit punch at the moment so he’ll have a tussle with Cody Rhodes who’s been taking a few swigs of Seth Rollins’. And Sami Zayn and Shinsuke Nakamura will remind us they’re still relevant as they ramp up their current mutual dislike of one another.

 

The unofficial watch party starts at 8pm PST. Everyone should be back stateside and working through the jetlag. We’ll watch to see if that affects any continuity. Play along wherever you can find me.

 

 

See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)





Comments