MITB Made Me Feel RAW...



Greetings, Enthusiasts!

So, I hope that WWE Creative has some extensive plans in the works because this year’s Money in the Bank PPV appeared to miss a few marks unless that was the plan in which case, I’ll keep my bitching to a minimum.  I’m sure the most irksome moment was the Women’s MITB Ladder Match that was secured with male interference by Ellsworth in Carmella’s favor.  I can see that this was done to purposely irritate but at the same time, it kind of illegitimatized the whole “Women’s Movement” in the WWE.  The chick who wins the contract only does so by a male cheating in her favor?  Doesn’t say much for the plight of Feminism.  I’m not sure that’s the best way to debut such a potentially momentous event.  We’ll see what they do with it.

The MITB PPV was kinda punk-ass all around so I’m hoping that was the point to drum up some drama but I’m not sure how cleanly that will be demonstrated.  I’ve been noticing that the WWE has recently been attempting to branch out in new ways but there have been real disconnects with the execution.  The face-timing bit with Alicia Fox and Noam Dar is a prime example.  I like the forward thinking but the execution is just not landing.  I hope that’s not indicative of a larger issue.  Let’s see what RAW comes up with before making any definite judgements.  Personally, I feel there should be some cheeky Brand competition.  For every RAW PPV, the following SmackDown should try to meet if not best it and vice versa.  Get the whole, “why pay when you get better stuff for free”, angle.  Could prompt some fun.  Any thoughts?  Let me know.  In the meantime, Funny tweets get retweeted and Favorites will come in their own sweet time.


See You in a Bit,
-Nicole Alexis (^_~)


Comments