The Greatest Royal Rumble...Is It Really?...We'll See...


Happy Friday, Enthusiasts!

So, today we witness the “Greatest Royal Rumble Ever” and to be honest, I have no idea what to expect.  When I think about it, it’s basically an exhibition so, maybe it’ll be like an over-the-top Tribute to the Troops sort of feel.  They can kinda go out there and have a bunch of fun. So, I guess that just leaves predictions.  Hmm, let me see…

For the Steel Cage match, to me it’s funny.  Everyone was bitching and moaning about Roman Reigns.  Straight boo his existence when he makes his appearance at WrestleMania.  Their boos heard, the match is lost to Brock Lesnar and now everyone is like, why didn’t he win?  That’s not a good look, Enthusiasts.  Makes us look like we don’t know what we want and on top of that, we’re just fussy too.  I don’t really care who wins here.  Just want a good match but seeing how they’re bandying about a Bobby Lashley vs. Brock Lesnar match, I’m thinking it makes better story overall to let Lesnar win but whatever.  Reigns can take it as long as it all sells.

For the AJ Styles vs. Shinsuke Nakamura match, I’m thinking it’ll be Styles just ‘cause Nakamura has been getting away with so much “bad”.  John Cena vs. Triple H is opening and it’s anyone’s guess here too.  I don’t know they might do something shady so both guys save face.  Yet, if someone has to win…I’m thinking Cena just ‘cause Triple H is busy. 

The UnderTaker vs. Rusev in the casket match makes me feel the UnderTaker is gonna take it. It’s an exhibition after all.  Hopefully, Rusev gets compensated somewhere else.  When it comes to the Fatal-4-Way Ladder Match with Seth Rollins, The Miz, Finn Bálor and Samoa Joe there’s gotta be hijinks with the action so, I’m going with Samoa Joe.  Think he’ll do something dirty and it adds fodder for the feud with Reigns for BackLash.  Then there’s Jeff Hardy vs. Jinder Mahal for the US Title is an interesting one because this match is abroad.  So, does it matter who wins?  It almost favors Mahal but what does he want with the US Title but to gloat?  Hard to say, hard to say. 

We got a couple of Tag Team matches as well with the Bludgeon Brothers facing off against The Usos.  I’m thinking they go with the entertainment value and let The Usos win here but as for The Bar vs. Bray Wyatt and Matt Hardy, it’s anyone’s guess.  I suppose I don’t care who gets it here.  Just make it fun.

We then have the CruiserWeights battle for the title with Cedric Alexander vs. Kalisto which is another match where it just has to be fun.  They can call it backstage.  This leaves the Royal Rumble of Greatness itself.  Hard to say what surprise will run out.  Expect the whole roster and some newbies and old-timers.  I’m gonna say it’s Lashley to win to give him some steam if they’re going to do this Lesnar thing.  If not that, probably Braun Strowman after a ton of madness. Just going with what’s in play really.  What say you, Enthusiasts?  Don’t hurt yourselves, I know the bulk of you are probably at work.  Get back at it when you have the time.

Watching Now,
-Nicole Alexis (^_~)




Comments