We Now Brace Ourselves for SUMMER SLAM!!!!!


A Good Sunday to You, Enthusiasts!

Are you ready for Summer Slam?  You know, I’m honestly curious as to how it will all play out.  With the new guard of Paul Heyman and Eric Bischoff in the mix along with some matches still “pending”, I get the feeling this is the first time in a long while where it’s not about the matches so much as it is about the show and that’s a very compelling aspect of this Summer Slam.  It’s as if this is officially the beginning of a new era within the WWE.  And it is that reason that I’m not really going to run down the matches.  I’m not even sure if the match card will hold up.  I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a slew of “changes” and last minute “surprises”.  I doubt this will go “as planned” in many ways.

That being said, that cuts this post very short because we simply have to wait and see what happens.  To be honest, the match I think many of us can agree we wouldn’t mind being “subject to change” is the Brock Lesnar vs. Seth Rollins title match.  Looking on the social medias, the general sentiments have changed to accepting Lesnar if someone does in fact have to wear the title.  Since the consensus is most of us would rather the title be on Lesnar than Rollins, that could leave the door open for Rollins gaining a surprise win just to offset the crowd or it may lead to the Lesnar squash that I predicted only it may not be to boos but general disinterest as the match becomes the “bathroom break” of the evening.  It will be interesting what they do here. 

As for the rest of the content, it’s anyone’s guess.  I think the Becky Lynch vs. Natalya match may be one of the few matches that I would like to see un-tampered.  It’s hard for me to say they’ll give it to Natalya but I can’t say she doesn’t deserve it.  She’s been a solid worker for years and though she couldn’t get the popularity, there’s no denying her skill.  I would love to see her win but I don’t know if here’s where it’s going to happen…but who knows.  She may get the home-field advantage.   

Yet, when it comes to everything else, I don’t feel like I should speculate.  I just have the feeling that half of what we’ve been told will change and that’s on purpose.  It’s not just about whether a wrestler has a good match or not anymore.  Now, it’s about whether the show works as a whole.   It’s an interesting time, Enthusiasts.  View with an eye for entertainment.  Are the matches well executed?  Do the promos hold your interest?  Are you in fact entertained?  This is what we’re looking for now.  Do they pull off a good show?  People are expected to sell their matches.  They’re talented professionals, aren’t they?   Now, we see if they can put it all together and make this the 2nd biggest night of the year.   Let’s see what they do.  Funny tweets get retweeted and as for Likes/Favorites, we don’t have to be too stingy but we don’t have to be too nice either.  Submit your offerings when inspired and we’ll see if you’ve been given good enough material to conjure greatness.


See You in a Bit,
-Nicole Alexis (^_~)




Comments