Anyone Still Up for Hell In a Cell?...


A Good Sunday to You, Enthusiasts!

So, I see a good deal of people felt a little undercut by the first SmackDown of the New Era.  Fair enough but I think we shouldn’t miss the real point here.  The WWE made a fair attempt at decent storytelling.  I understand that the bulk of the WWE Universe doesn’t feel this should have be done at Kofi Kingston’s expense yet, it’s merely what I touched on before and on the Twitters.  This is a more “realistic” outcome.  Rumor has it that FOX wants SmackDown to have a more realistic tone and this appears to be the initial attempt and I’m intrigued.  So, what the WWE now must do is validate this move.  They have to if they actually want to establish the drama.  I’m up for it…pleasantly surprised actually.  It’s one of the few things I didn’t expect.

I would have to assume that this will be addressed tonight somewhere because judging by the advertised card, there’s a lot of room for “surprises”.  Only 4 matches scheduled either means we should be wrapped up by 7pm PDT or these matches are gonna be like 45 minutes to an hour long.  Given this, I’m not going to speculate too much.  I’m also not going to comment on the Women’s matches because they’ve been nailing it of late.  I’m sure they’ll deliver.  Doesn’t really matter who wins in these cases.  They get it.  What matters is putting on a good match.  What we’ll be watching for is if the guys get that too.

So, I’m thinking we’re going to close with Bray Wyatt and Seth Rollins in a Cell, right.  This is a pivotal match for both these fellows because this could easily be an absolute train wreck.  It all depends on how much the WWE wants us to take this Fiend character seriously.  For me you know that I’m not entirely feeling it but I’m not going to completely write it off just yet.  I’m really just hoping they don’t try to make this too much of a Halloween match.  I’m not sold on the “spookiness” and if they try to rely on the Fiend winning with “scare tactics”, they’re really going to have to up their game, like Hollywood Horror Nights quality or something.  I just really hope I don’t end up rolling my eyes here.  I don’t envy these guys at all.  Given what’s potentially at stake, they can’t really afford to be lame out there.

Then, there’s the less compelling but potentially more fun tag-team match pitting Daniel Bryan and Roman Reigns against Erick Rowan and Luke Harper, formally of Wyatt Family fame.  I hope I’m not the only one that hopes there is a Bray Wyatt tie in here.  I’m all for getting the family back together.  Yet, I suppose I only want that to happen in the course of a storyline so, if Bryan and Reigns go down, it has to serve for a potential reunion.  They could work some other angle but it’s all on them to sell it.  Regardless of how they ultimately play this match, they should all breathe a little easier because all they really have to do is have fun out there.   The real meat of this Hell in a Cell matter may be in what filler material the WWE has planned so we just have to tune in and see. 

I’m not quivering with anticipation but I am certainly curious.  Funny tweets get retweeted and as for Likes/Favorites well, we’re going to have to be hard-asses right now because AEW is making a strong play and the WWE can’t afford to look like a joke.  I’m all for the sportsmanlike competition but the WWE kinda has to prove it knows what it’s doing right now.  Like I’ve said before, they can’t really get away with the old crap anymore.  There is better out there.  They now have to come correct and demonstrate why they should always be considered the leaders of the trade.


See You in a Bit,
-Nicole Alexis (^_~)




Comments