Back Up to Full Power, RAW Is Ready to GO!....

A Merry Monday to You, Enthusiasts!

Did it go smoothly?  Mine is currently free of complaints.  Definitely had worse.  Well, we turn our attention to RAW and it appears that a lot of WWE fans or “ex”-WWE Fans are still butt-hurt from this past Hell in a Cell.  Let’s be honest, the bent out of shaped-ness stems more from watching a character fans felt had promise in the form of The Fiend getting the WWE Treatment and thusly get completely tanked.  The WWE is supposed to be coming at us with its best and that’s what we get….again!  That appears to be the general consensus.   I was never sold on that gimmick but, I suppose what I’m getting at is that a lot of the fans are taking this really seriously and I’m just not sure it is that serious.  I get it as a fan, though.  Just look at how Game of Thrones ended.  People are still bent out of shape and it’s just a TV show.  People invest into that which they love and those most bent out of shape are inadvertently displaying that they love the WWE or at the very least, loved it once.  So, if the WWE wants to placate these fans, they’re going to have to offer something up or be willing to lose them. 

I for one am not so invested.  This is more a hobby for me and I’ll make it fun no matter how bad it gets.  That's actually just more fodder for me.  Personally, I feel I missed the most unpalatable years.  Moreover, given the nature of this genre, I don’t really see the point in getting too invested.  You kind of set yourself up for that disappointment if you do.  Ideally, this should be a good time.  Good wrestling and solid/funny promos with whatever filler mixed in.  That should be the long and short of it.  To get bent out of shape when the WWE is the WWE is like getting mad at the neighbor’s dog for chasing squirrels.  It’s pretty clear that’s what it's going to do.  Best leave them to it.

As for other news, looks like Sasha Banks is injured again.  Her match with Becky Lynch was changed to feature Charlotte instead for Draft dibs.  Banks gets injured a lot and I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s due to her petite stature.  See, this is why I’m always pushing for more solidly built ladies.  You gotta take bumps out there.  Kinda hard to do that on the regular when you’re a buck-twenty.  Regardless, I wish her well.  Her resurgence is working presently.  Would hate for her to lose the momentum.  Also, tonight looks like they’re going to make the Tyson Fury vs. Braun Strowman match official, got a contract signing on the schedule.  So, it should deteriorate into another mini-brawl.  That’s what contract signings are for!  As for the rest of the action, we’ll have to wait and see.  So, funny tweets get retweeted and as for Likes/Favorites well, we’ve got a couple of weeks before Crown Jewel and well over a month before Survivor Series, they’ve got some time to fill.  Well, last week’s SmackDown wasn’t that bad and we’ve certainly sat through worse.  It’s clear to me that the WWE is trying to promote quality at least with the wrestling, you always knew the writing had a lot to be desired.  Don’t expect too much, too soon.  Don’t accept crap but don’t expect brilliance just yet.  I think they need to relearn what that is. 


See You in a Bit,
-Nicole Alexis (^_~)





Comments